Dawnguard is out on steam!

funnyhalo

great for you.

enb is NO game booster, its (afaik) a modded version of directx to enhance effects like lightning, blur and stuff....but the best advice i can give to you is RTFM ! :)

there isi nfo ALL OVER the damned net, why are the people playing today to lazy to read stuff where i already posted the LINKS to it ? i realy dont get it o_O

so if there is anyone with a useful answer i´d appreciate it !

thx in advance,

schreck

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is about the enbs ? will they still work ? should i use the hd retextures ?

sorry for asking but i was just putting together the files for a new modded setup of the game and now my dawnguard gets loaded....so what is safe and what should be left as is ?

is it a good idea to install like morrowloot or dragon addons ? of may they make the addon not work / look ugly ?

pls answer fast, want to playyyy !!!!

sleepless in vienna,

schreck

Texture-packs doesnt create such conflicts, so they're fine. I currently use RCRN and Dynavision instead of ENB, which seems to work just fine with Dawnguard so far, I dont believe any mods would have problems with the DLC except possibly those that mess with level-, perk- and skill-systems. So I'd be careful with any skill-overhauls and alike.

Anyways, your computer wont explode if you try it yourself. Just make sure to keep backups of your savegames in case you have to roll back.

i have no savegames as i had a total (!) crash of my ex-pc o_O

and this time i really want to find a nice and smoooooth running combination, so i MAY be a little over-careful ;)

thx for the info mr bravo, helped me a lot ! will get it up and running.....and wont sleep the next week *g*

cheers,

schreck

The DLC took a hour and forty five minutes to install, I'm with Rogers cable and have there second highest internet speed, my laptop is bluetooth wireless and Rogers supply's a modem router for me!.. I paused the download once, deleted it and exited steam to put Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack back in my game to avoid a additional 3 hours install, that's how long the high def dlc took last time to install!..

Well, I'm going to wait until tomorrow for Dawnguard, because I want to have an entire day to see if Dawnguard doesn't ruin all my mods, like UFO and stuff.

I also wonder if one can just "disable" Dawnguard if it's installed like mods.

The DLC took a hour and forty five minutes to install, I'm with Rogers cable and have there second highest internet speed, my laptop is bluetooth wireless and Rogers supply's a modem router for me!.. I paused the download once, deleted it and exited steam to put Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack back in my game to avoid a additional 3 hours install, that's how long the high def dlc took last time to install!..

Rogers cable, that sounds funny :P Dawnguard took me barely 5 minutes to download AND install. Official Texture-pack is closer to 10 minutes due to its size, but I still keep a stable 2.7 mb/s download-speed from Steam. But I guess Steam is getting some heavy traffic now that more people know about the release.