Dawnguard is out on steam!

funnyhalo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been a lot of conflicts with mods for people who've bought this already? Sorry if this has already been answered, but I don't really want to read the entire thread to find out, it seems like there are some crashing and incompatability issues? I run with about 70~ mods and ENB, and while I'd love to play this DLC, I don't really want to sacrifice mods for it...

I run about 90+ mods and so far there are a few incompatibilities. My attack animations aren't working correctly. I have my sword drawn but my character won't attack. This is gonna be a pain troubleshooting through my mods -_-. I might just wait a couple days for someone else to post their results lol....

I think I'll wait until I see mods that require the DLC, anyway £14 for DLC is a little over the top.

Leave for a day, miss this. So anyway, I'll probably get this as soon as possible. I'm quite excited for it. Being an explorer, I'm sure I'll get more than the estimated time out of it. Out of curiosity and laziness of not looking myself, anyone know if PS3 got it yet? Or if it's in the wonderful "approval" time console players have to put up with.

The PS3 version has been delayed, performance issues. http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/08/03/dawnguard-ps3-farce-mars-pc-release/

Dang, poor PS3 players, but at the same time, at least Beth is trying to get it to run right for them. Gotta appreciate the effort, they've had it the worst out of all 3 platforms it seems. Shouldn't be that way in the first place but still... Thanks for the info though!

Judging by the reaction I think a lot of PS3 owners are getting well and truly sick of Bethesda, everything seems to be late and when it does arrive it's usually broken. Bethesdas releases on the PS3 are worse than they are on the PC.

I guess everyone complaining about the price thinks software developers work for free. Seriously. It's not expensive. If you think it's expensive, then your priorities are in the wrong place and you should not be spending $20 on a video game if you can't afford it. $20 won't even pay for 3 days of parking for me to go to work.

It's nothing to do with can't afford it, it whether an individual thinks it's worth the money.

It's nothing to do with can't afford it, it whether an individual thinks it's worth the money.

Yet nobody seem to have a problem getting a super bargain of paying 50 bucks for Skyrim, and clocking in 100-400 houres: 10-20 times more than the average game today?

I'm all for people choosing to buy or not, but if people start nagging how terrible Behtesda is, and that the pricetag for Dawnguard is too big, I will facepalm so hard.

We got a game that took 5-6 years of development for the same price you can buy any random shooter, which lasts 20 hours, and we got a DLC that can last you 20 houres, for half the price of a full game.

Now, why are people complaining again? Because Bethesda released late? Or because their DLC does not work well with the tens of thousands of mods there is?

Both are excused, the pricetag is excused and I really fail to understand people. Sure, if you can't afford it: Don't buy it. Heck, if you don't want to buy it, don't do it. But excusing it by blaming Bethesda ... *sigh* Do people even operate on logic these days?

Yet nobody seem to have a problem getting a super bargain of paying 50 bucks for Skyrim, and clocking in 100-400 houres: 10-20 times more than the average game today?

I'm all for people choosing to buy or not, but if people start nagging how terrible Behtesda is, and that the pricetag for Dawnguard is too big, I will facepalm so hard.

We got a game that took 5-6 years of development for the same price you can buy any random shooter, which lasts 20 hours, and we got a DLC that can last you 20 houres, for half the price of a full game.

Now, why are people complaining again? Because Bethesda released late? Or because their DLC does not work well with the tens of thousands of mods there is?

Both are excused, the pricetag is excused and I really fail to understand people. Sure, if you can't afford it: Don't buy it. Heck, if you don't want to buy it, don't do it. But excusing it by blaming Bethesda ... *sigh* Do people even operate on logic these days?

Not everybody likes the game as much as you do, how hard is that to understand? For someone who loves the game then yes I'm sure £14 is fine, for those who just use it as a modding platform £14 may well be a bit steep. Not everyone is the same, we all have our own opinions and we're all entitled to voice them as long as we don't break the rules.

Everyone can make their own personal decision about whether or not it's worth it to buy DG. I'm in no hurry to buy it. I don't even know if I will at this point. It has nothing to do with price. I wasn't irritated at Bethesda for how they handled the PC version or anything like that, and we now know why they did what they did. It's mainly that I've already hit the mod limit once, and I've had game stability issues ever since starting to add mods months ago. I think my game is going to explode soon. Throwing a new DLC into the mix doesn't seem wise at this point. I'll see how people feel about it in a week or two, and maybe decide what to do then. I have yet to do a re-install of Skyrim (as so many others have) to try to restore some sanity to my game configuration, but if it comes to that, it might be a good time to get the DLC. I would be interested in hearing opinions, after everyone has played through it, on whether or not they are pleased with their purchase.

At some point I'm going to do a fresh install, my game is slowly falling apart. I'll wait a good while so mods have been updated for any issues Dawnguard might cause and then I might think about buying Dawnguard itself, with any luck I'll catch it in a sale.

And like I said in my original post, these people clearly think software developers don't deserve to be paid.

With the amount of hours since the announcement of Dawnguard (which means, btw, they were working on it before that if they had enough content to announce), it's no wonder they had to sign an exclusive with Microsoft, because otherwise they'd probably take a loss on the dlc.

Not everyone is the same, we all have our own opinions and we're all entitled to voice them as long as we don't break the rules.

You're not entitled to _anything_. This message board is not a democracy. It's a dictatorship, run by Dark0ne, period. Maybe that's not the nicest way to put it, but that's the bottom line. You don't get any clearer than that when you sign a ToS that says you can't disagree with the moderators or admins.

You don't have any "rights." You're here at his sufferance the same as the rest of us.

Self-entitlement is ruining society.

Edited by Stemin

Just started my first mission after choosing the side of Dawnguard. So far I havent met any problems or conflicts at all, and I'm running tons of mods. I'll make a list of most of the ones that are messing with scripts and such;

-Total Realism - Basic Needs

-Hypothermia

-Cloaks of Skyrim

-Winter is comming

-FNIS

-Camping Lite

-Dynavision

-RCRN

-People have torches

-No NPC Greetings

-More Village Animals

-Pretty Sit Idle

-SkyUI

-Immersive HUD

-Tons and tons and tons of texture-replacers

I really think that Dawnguard is high quality stuff so far (Even on texture-side). Many new meshes and textures for gear and architecture that makes it fresh. Anyone who're into vampires should definitely get this!