Dawnguard is out on steam!

funnyhalo

Meh, not getting it until it's part of a pack or some sort. $20 is way too much for a DLC. OMD! 2 is out and I'd rather spend $15 on that and get an entire game :P

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a stupid question...does skse work with nmm ? and how ? do i have to add it in nmm, which one do i finally use to launch the game and is there something i have to check ?

one i a preloader and the other one to...so that quite confuses me o_0

Google Gophervids SKSE....he does a great tutorial on how to install SKSE....very clear and precise....also gives you the link to SKSE....Do make sure you install the SKSE for 1.7 Skyrim though, or your game won't work....I think the SKSE for 1.7 is still in Beta form, but guaranteed it works.

thx a lot stayfrosty !

my nmm is so full of stuff i just did a complete kill of all and restore now...if i ever get this game running the way i want i am the happiest man on earth o_O

I downloaded Dawnguard and it isn't working. I just started a fresh save and removed all mods except the HD 2k textures, WATER, eye fix, and level cap 100. Still crashes whenever I try to enter Fort Dawnguard. Bethesda ***** up again. Anybody have any solutions to this?

Nice to see Steam is still screwing us Aussies. Even though the exchange rate with the US dollar is in our favour, we're still paying $25 for it. It's only another $5 sure but it's the principle of the matter. It's a freaking digital download. It should cost no more for us as it should for the rest of the world - $20. So I'm going to wait until it goes on sale. I refuse to pay extra for it.

Nice to see Steam is still screwing us Aussies. Even though the exchange rate with the US dollar is in our favour, we're still paying $25 for it. It's only another $5 sure but it's the principle of the matter. It's a freaking digital download. It should cost no more for us as it should for the rest of the world - $20. So I'm going to wait until it goes on sale. I refuse to pay extra for it.

Screwing everyone who isn't from America it seems.

Mainland Europe: 20€ = ~25$

UK: 15Pound = ~ 23$

But it's always like that, with hardware, games, software etc. They always just change the $-sign to a €-sign and think we won't notice.

EDIT: For those guys using ENBs, the lighting in the countryside causes extreme oversaturation with the DLC. It's fine inside cities and interiors though.

Edited by Malkiot

I downloaded Dawnguard and it isn't working. I just started a fresh save and removed all mods except the HD 2k textures, WATER, eye fix, and level cap 100. Still crashes whenever I try to enter Fort Dawnguard. Bethesda ***** up again. Anybody have any solutions to this?

Non issues what-so-ever.

Perhaps you got some corrupted files thanks to mods?

Try not to be so quick at bashing Bethesda. You don't even know the problem of your crash. I'd wager it is your own fault, via installing too many mods and then removing them. Some files will be corrupt.

for anyone wondering, as far as i can tell the Dawnguard.bsa contains approx 758 folders with

14,704 loose files, i see lots of new unique stuff they created, thx bethesda! :turned:

Edited by xlcr

just a stupid question...does skse work with nmm ? and how ? do i have to add it in nmm, which one do i finally use to launch the game and is there something i have to check ?

one i a preloader and the other one to...so that quite confuses me o_0

Google Gophervids SKSE....he does a great tutorial on how to install SKSE....very clear and precise....also gives you the link to SKSE....Do make sure you install the SKSE for 1.7 Skyrim though, or your game won't work....I think the SKSE for 1.7 is still in Beta form, but guaranteed it works.

thx a lot stayfrosty !

my nmm is so full of stuff i just did a complete kill of all and restore now...if i ever get this game running the way i want i am the happiest man on earth o_O

Oops ... my bad. Replied to wrong post. Sorry.:whistling:

Edited by nonamenomad

Non issues what-so-ever.

Perhaps you got some corrupted files thanks to mods?

Try not to be so quick at bashing Bethesda. You don't even know the problem of your crash. I'd wager it is your own fault, via installing too many mods and then removing them. Some files will be corrupt.

Try a new start without any mods activated at all just to see if it is a mod doing it.

If it isn't the mods have you tried validating the Skyrim game cache to check the files?

Right click on the game in the library and select Properties - then select Local Files - then select Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.

Then go make a cup of coffee, it may take a while ;D

Anything that is corrupted or missing will be reloaded.

Please don't automatically assume it's the fault of Bethesda.

I usually find that it is because of a mod clashing with something.