Dawnguard is out on steam!

funnyhalo

Most of us buy it for more than the content. Frankly, I can't wait to break Dawnguard apart and see what new options they have given us, as well as a chance to get some crossbow models done.

I'd pay double for Dawnguard if it came to that. It contains both a good portion of houres of gameplay, new starsigns to play with, the vampire lord got some interesting things to it that can be further imporved and it gives us a solid crossbow animations.

I am not so interested in the crossbows, but I did get Dawnguard to see what content and options were in there, and the fact that there will probably be other mods that depend on it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone using an overhaul mod like SkyRe? I am and its for this reason i will hold off on buying.

Either there is no conflict and I should be fine, or its gamebreaking and I need to stay away. Not to keen on figuring it out for myself >_<

Leave for a day, miss this. So anyway, I'll probably get this as soon as possible. I'm quite excited for it. Being an explorer, I'm sure I'll get more than the estimated time out of it. Out of curiosity and laziness of not looking myself, anyone know if PS3 got it yet? Or if it's in the wonderful "approval" time console players have to put up with.

I think I'll wait until I see mods that require the DLC, anyway £14 for DLC is a little over the top.

Leave for a day, miss this. So anyway, I'll probably get this as soon as possible. I'm quite excited for it. Being an explorer, I'm sure I'll get more than the estimated time out of it. Out of curiosity and laziness of not looking myself, anyone know if PS3 got it yet? Or if it's in the wonderful "approval" time console players have to put up with.

The PS3 version has been delayed, performance issues. http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/08/03/dawnguard-ps3-farce-mars-pc-release/

I think I'll wait until I see mods that require the DLC, anyway £14 for DLC is a little over the top.

The PS3 version has been delayed, performance issues. http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/08/03/dawnguard-ps3-farce-mars-pc-release/

Dang, poor PS3 players, but at the same time, at least Beth is trying to get it to run right for them. Gotta appreciate the effort, they've had it the worst out of all 3 platforms it seems. Shouldn't be that way in the first place but still... Thanks for the info though!

I downloaded Dawnguard and it isn't working. I just started a fresh save and removed all mods except the HD 2k textures, WATER, eye fix, and level cap 100. Still crashes whenever I try to enter Fort Dawnguard. Bethesda ***** up again. Anybody have any solutions to this?

Non issues what-so-ever.

Perhaps you got some corrupted files thanks to mods?

Try not to be so quick at bashing Bethesda. You don't even know the problem of your crash. I'd wager it is your own fault, via installing too many mods and then removing them. Some files will be corrupt.

Try a new start without any mods activated at all just to see if it is a mod doing it.

If it isn't the mods have you tried validating the Skyrim game cache to check the files?

Right click on the game in the library and select Properties - then select Local Files - then select Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.

Then go make a cup of coffee, it may take a while ;D

Anything that is corrupted or missing will be reloaded.

Please don't automatically assume it's the fault of Bethesda.

I usually find that it is because of a mod clashing with something.

After removing EVERYTHING, I managed to get Dawnguard working. I'm currently a V. Lord and I'm about to do the first mission Harkon gives. I doubt that any of the texture, weapons, and armor add-ons have anything to do with Dawnguard crashing, but I believe the problem might be with some or all of my mods that involve scripts or custom animations. I STILL blame Bethesda for finding ways to UNDO all the benefits of owning the PC version of Skyrim. The patches are sometimes worse than than the problems they're supposed to fix!

That whole "We never said we were going to release Dawnguard for PC/PS3!" issue was a very cheap shot to get Dawnguard appear on search engines again...

Anyway, not going to get it for now. Haven't played Skyrim in a while and this DLC doesn't tempts me to play it again, besides, price is a lil bit higher than i expected.

I guess everyone complaining about the price thinks software developers work for free. Seriously. It's not expensive. If you think it's expensive, then your priorities are in the wrong place and you should not be spending $20 on a video game if you can't afford it. $20 won't even pay for 3 days of parking for me to go to work. Edited by Stemin