Oh joy of joys, I can't attack anymore.

Ryunney

Hello!

Im here because I was experiencing the same problem. And yes, I do understand that this thread is three years old. I've only started playing skyrim since this June, so yeah.

Anyway, what happened to me was that I started a new game and then all of a sudden I cant attack. I cant even arm it by clicking on my mouse. I can only arm it if I press R.

What i realized is that before making a new character, I still have my old one, and just before I decided to make a new game, I remembered that I was checking my older character out. I was playing with the 'tfc' command and I forgot to turn it back on before i made the character.

So, i hope that that is the solution. Dont forget to turn on (or off, whichever sets your camera back in place) before you save and quit the game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I'm having exactly the same issue as described above but I can't attack with weapon, bow or magic while moving, if I stand still I can attack just fine....Has anyone figured out the solution to the problem or anyone have any idea's why this may be happening?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just happened to me. Can't draw weapon, can't sprint, can't shout.

What's strange is that even after loading my first save, it's still broken, when that should be unaffected...

I fixed it by just re-launching my game, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I THINK I KNOW THE FIX ALREADY THANKS TO MY FRIEND lol.THERE ARE 4 STEPS IN FIXING IT.THE ONE THAT FIXED MY PROBLEM IS REDOWNLOADING THE UPDATE.ESM AND SKYRIM.ANYWAY,HERE IT GOES.

1.Re-download Dawnguard(Manually or through NMM)

2.Re-download Skyrim

3.Maybe its on the mod,so try turning off the mods and see if the attacks work again

4.Re-download the update.esm

I hope this helps!!~

Edited by TheKidsNextDoor

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...