So is Dawnguard not loading in the Creation Kit for anyone else?

flossoraptor

When Dawnguard came out, the first thing I wanted to do was to was be the first to upload a mod that lets you play snow elves exactly as they exist in the game.. meaning it's kind of a lore-friendly, official version rather than some player's imagining of what they ought to look like. It'd be easy enough, so I thought I'd get it done tonight.. it's too bad it seems that trying to load the Dawnguard .esm just crashes the Creation Kit.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Judging how the Creation Kit has worked to previous versions of Skyrim.esm, the Creation Kit will probably need to be patched soon to allow us to use Dawnguard.esm. Hopefully the patch won't take a few weeks like the last one :P

Thank god! I was going crazy about this already... Glad I'm not the only one with that problem. I could take a look in the Dawnguard.esm though by deactivating the forced localization via TESVSNIP. Problem is that it messes up the names in the CK really bad, so I couldn't really work with it...

From the official forums:

Add Dawnguard.bsa to SkyrimEditor.ini

[Archive]

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa

My link

I can confirm this works for loading Dawnguard in CK, however there are a few error messages you will get.

Using the outlined fixes, it works beautifully now. :laugh: With the exception of Bethesda's usual little details like hanging references and empty headers, of course. :rolleyes: Edited by beary64