Dawnguard Is Bugged

EndgameV

Am I the only one who can play Dawnguard without problems?

Rule number one Every time before entering a dungeon make a new save!!!

The only problem I came across so far is the Moth Priest bug which I fixed by disabling the Combat AI, TFC (in 3rd person), a flew to the barrier killed the Vampires that were inside the barrier using Console command "kill" and them again TFC. From there you have to do the quest exactly like this:

Kill all living things outside the barrier, (DO NOT SPEAK to the priest) take that stone disable the barrier (Do not try to speak to the priest until you defeat the priest) When he is down on the ground you can speak to him.

No problem after :)

D13

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ sinnerman69

We are not all "Naive"... you have no idea who the poster can be and what he knows / did before posting... This comment was of no use at all !

I carefully disable all mods and play... before posting here ! To make sure it was not an issue... i even replace by the original all the animation replacer i had install before dawnguard... Still, problems... and to be honnest whith my own experience of Bethesda and how things are buggy on first release (and even after in some case) i wouldnt be surprise that the problems reported here are from them... Dont mistake my words, i'm not directly blamming them... all i say is that i'm used to get buggy patches and buggy DLC with bethesda since oblivion...

Maybe i should start my own thread and mention that un-mature ppl are not welcome !

Reaper

I'm stuck in third person as well. Some of my old characters can still switch between 1st and 3rd without glitching, but my most recent will only stay in 1st for about a second before reverting. Nearest save point is way too far back, so I'm unable to use Dawnguard until this is fixed. Woot! I guess I spent $20 on...nothing for now.

Okay, since installing Dawnguard I'm having two issues. My first issue is BOSS says I have all of my mods enabled, which isn't true. Second issue is sometimes the monsters(mainly bears) act like they're statues with wheels on them, and can't attack you, they chase me without moving their legs. It looks funny as hell, but it's annoying. When they die, they just stand there... Edited by mrbisshie

Typical me, but I should have checked this forum before purchasing Dawnguard. It is probably my mods preventing this, but I don't even see when I load my game how to start the Dawnguard quest within the game? I don't see it in my journal as a selectable quest to initiate, etc. Help!... :)

To start the quest talk to various guards...

Same issue here...

- The Gargoyles are "staue" with wheel... lol They only move around without any animation... not even attacking

- Crossbow is acting like a melee weapons

- Some quest doent update... have to manually update them once i've check the wiki to the correct setstage...

- Can't exit the castle if i choose not to become vampire...

Ext ext ! Wow, seem that Dawnguard will deserve it's own patch ...lol

Most crossbow animation problems I have seen are caused by outdated behavior files, installed by old versions of animation mods (e.g. Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS 1.0 or 1.5, or AP), or some other animation mods, which were simply not updated to the newest skyrim versions by their authors). There also seem to be some more DLC specific problems, and in some cases I don't know, if users simply didn't understand how to remove the behavior files.

You can fix the crossbow "behavior based" problems in 2 ways

1) FNIS (RE-)INSTALLATION FIX (should work in most cases):

- remove data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/mt_behavior.hkx

- (re-)install Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS. Make sure GenerateFNISforUsers.exe is run

FNIS will overwrite the most common cause of animation glitches (due to old defaultmale.hkx, and defaultfemale.hkx)

2) BEHAVIOR CLEAN-UP:

delete the following files, or move them to a different folder:

- data/meshes/actors/character/*.hkx

- data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/*.hkx

- data/meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx

- data/meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx

Now of course all animation mods which need behavior files need to be re-installed

Maybe i should start my own thread and mention that un-mature ppl are not welcome !

Reaper

Since I am almost 70 i hope I am mature enough.

I have read a lot about the buggy Skyrim pc version, and all the CDT it creates.

I think I( and most other) must have got a premium copy delivered, because I haven't seen most of these problems after nearly 1000 hours.

I don't say there aren't bugs.....but for me....and my playingstyle...it has function.

I have had some strange behaviors.....but with closer inspections it has been due to backgrounds programs running on the pc....especially if you have programs that want to help you, and stay seeking the HD for this.

DG is buggy.....well I haven't bought DG yet....but here is what I figure out;

Downguard is a official product...the only thing Bet take into consideration is Skyrim and its engine.

They put in new items, monsters, routines and so on

And You Buy The Game.

In order to evaluate it regarding bug you need to play it as a vanilla Skyrim , and now with a mod called DG.......nothing else then what is official....then you can tell what is buggy and what is not.

It is not the official paid release that destroy your other mods.....it is just so that your other """free"" mods aren't compatible with the official game, and must be updated.

I had the 100% ctd when entering fort dawnguard for the first time, look around a bit and found some advice to delete/remove the scripts folder and it worked:). I made a new scripts folder to add some scripts that the mods i use need( the teleport scripts from grizmods teleport mod, the vanilla mannequin scripts fix and the scripts for the 300Armoury book scripts and everything still works...so far. keeping my fingers crossed.

well the ctds started to happen again and i removed the scripts folder again and was able to enter fort dawnguard without any problems. so it must have something to do with the scrpts folder. i guess il just have to do without teleports, mannequins that work and the 300 armoury crafting until i finish the dawnguard quests. going back to sleeping tree sanctuary is going to be a pita;(

Well it was the mannequin scripts that was incompatible teleportation scripts still seem to work ok.:)