Anyone else disappointed with the Vampire Lord ?

Testarlive

Hello everyone !

So I was using my modified version of the Nord default race (using Temptress Race meshes and texture), and I was happy when people on youtube told me that there was nothing to worry about being a Vampire Lord : the only things that change are your eyes and teeth but not your face... Damn liars !!

How disappointed I was when I woke up next to Harkon with a monstruous face, where's the pretty face gone ??

I even tried with a Breton or Redguard, same thing, except that it was much less ugly.

Does anyone has an idea on how to prevent the "face morphing" that just looks out of place ? I mean look at books, stories about vampires especially females, they have to be pretty in order to seduce their victims! There's even a quest in Morthal if I remember that was about a cute, yet, evil female vampire seducing all men.

Or just look at Serena, Harkon himself... damn !!

Why such horrible faces for the player and some NPCs ??

Edited by Testarlive

They were Cyrodilic vampires. The ones in Dawnguard are Skyrim vampires.

Read Immortal Blood in the game, it explains all that. (The Morthal Master Vampite is one of the characters in it)

The Skyrim brand of vampire are more monstrous and reclusive than the civilised southerners.

Then again if the NPC ones are pretty then it makes no sense to make the pc ugly lol.

Edited by luzburg

I'm assuming that you're talking about the regular vampire form, not the vampire lord (big floating bat creature). Pretty easy to fix this.

- Go to <skyrim folder>\Data\Textures\Actors\Character\Female

- Find the files: femalehead.dds and femalehead_msn.dds

- Make copies of them in the same folder and rename the to femaleheadvampire.dds and femaleheadvampire_msn.dds

That's it! Now you will look like you did before turning... well, you'll have slightly sunken cheeks and be a little paler, but you are a vampire! Hope that helped.

so shallow, its not what a volkniar vampire looks like on the outside, but on the inside that counts... and on the inside he is a Lord among the immortals and a LION among sheep.

there are different takes on what vampires look like, some takes on vampire paint them as monsters and that shows, while some paint vampires as humans with super-human abiliites, pointed teeth, a thist for blood, and a thing for high school girls.

Yay mods ;p this will resolve looking scary if you prefer such.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21921 - Reverts dawnguard vampires to look completely like the normal skyrim vampires.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16506 - HUGELY lessens the sunken faces of vampires, but not *completely* just .. almost - 80% less I think.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21656 - retexture to not look totally like a monster, but still vampiric.

Edited by Satorinu