ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Share your "stable" list of mods.

repzaj1234

Can you guys post your list of mods, I've been modding the past 4 days experimenting with the top must have mods but I often get a CTD or freeze. Especially around cities, whenever entering houses or exiting them. Is this because of incompatible mods? I have over 50 mods installed. I'm using ENB, Skyrim HD, Flora Overhaul, Immersive Armors, Warzones, Improved NPC Clothing, Jaysus Swords, Static Mesh Improvement, Deadly Dragons and Bellyaches New Dragon Species. Those are the heavy weight mods I can remember all 100+MB I think. Is it because my PC can't handle all those? I'm running at a smooth 30-40 fps btw. I have the latest version of SKSE and BOSS I also downloaded ScriptDragon cause one of the mods I installed needed it

My Skyrim version : 1.6.89

PC Specs: 550TI 1gb video card

8gb RAM

i5 3450 3.10 ghz processor

Please share your current mod lists (a stable list please) I would really want to actually start playing the game lol Thanks a ton!

Edited by repzaj1234

Some people reported seeing 1.2 GB of VRAM usage while playing Skyrim with HD textures some months ago. That exceeds your video card's RAM capacity. You might want to start by downloading a tool that allows you to monitor VRAM usage, so you can at least verify that it's handling it ok. I'm not sure that having someone else's mod list would help you, unless you were able to find someone with the same OS, a very similar hardware configuration, and very similar .ini file settings. Are you running with a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

WIndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I tried windowing it and monitoring memory consumption via Task manager. It hits 2,100,000.

You are referring to main RAM, as opposed to the VRAM in your video card? The VRAM is what you need to monitor.

WIndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I tried windowing it and monitoring memory consumption via Task manager. It hits 2,100,000.

You are referring to main RAM, as opposed to the VRAM in your video card? The VRAM is what you need to monitor.

Oh, okay. I'll try redoing the mods again, this time without Skyrim HD and other VRAM consuming mods like ENB. What's a good software to monitor VRAM consumption? And thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

I'm not sure about the monitoring tool. I think somewhere in this article http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide/#1, there is a link to another page that has a link to a tool to monitor VRAM. It may be directly in the article. If I recall correctly, I somehow came across it while reading that. I don't use one, since I have 2.5 GB of VRAM.

EDIT: I think it was this http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/.

I'm beginning to realize that this isn't a mod problem but rather a VRAM problem. I just went nuts with the heavy weight mods I installed ENB, Skyrim HD, Flora Overhaul, Immersive Armors, Warzones, Improved NPC Clothing, Jaysus Swords, Static Mesh Improvement, Deadly Dragons and Bellyaches New Dragon Species

If you already have stability issues, I would not mess with anything that could make it worse. If you get your game stable, that might be a time when you can experiment with one thing at a time and note if stability decreases as a result.

Here ya go...

I´ve started a new game with these mods two days ago and I haven´t had any crashes, errors nor CTD´s at all.

I don´t think the problem is the mods, it is the order in wich they´re installed and wich files are written over by other files. Most important thing is to use BOSS and get the plugins in correct order to play crashfree.

Here´s the mods I use :