Dawnguard Vampire Attacks = Game Killer?

Sky999

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed the dark brotherhood quests yesterday and only had problems with Anoriath because he was set essential by my bat batch text file and only had to run my non essential text doc bat to make him un-esential, so if you had run a essential text or console command on him before starting the dark brotherhood he'd be safe from the vampire random attacks!..

Every time I launch my game I run my guard and merchant essential text mods in game console cheat window and only run the non essential guard list when I wont to increase my werewolf dawnguard perks and feed on the guards since they always respond eventually after being killed!.. The merchants and citizen's that weren't set essential well be in the Hall of the Dead in each hold in a coffin

Edited by sinnerman69

hey I got an unexpected turn of events, I was joining the melee for a vampire attack at the entry door of whiterun and I accidentaly hit a guard a single f***ing time

and then I was their next target ... they killed me for a mere 40 gold bounty, no time to surrender (master difficulty)

edit: I thought about exacting revenge, but then I wouldn't want to strip whiterun of its guards and then leave townsfolk vulnerable to vampire attacks

Edited by whismerhill

I must admit I rarely encounter these vampires, but when I do I usually eliminate them fast as I enchanted my dragon crossbow with flame damage.

What I suggest is you get a weapon of your choice and give it flame enchantments and perhaps a lightning one too to drain mana or frost to slow them down.

I must admit I rarely encounter these vampires, but when I do I usually eliminate them fast as I enchanted my dragon crossbow with flame damage.

What I suggest is you get a weapon of your choice and give it flame enchantments and perhaps a lightning one too to drain mana or frost to slow them down.

Thing is, sometimes the PC is irrelevant to the casualties. Upon entering Riften, my char was alerted to a scuffle by a stay arrow whizzing by her head. She bee-lined it to the market square but, by the time she arrived, there were 5 corpses - 3 of 'em citizens.

Thing is, sometimes the PC is irrelevant to the casualties. Upon entering Riften, my char was alerted to a scuffle by a stay arrow whizzing by her head. She bee-lined it to the market square but, by the time she arrived, there were 5 corpses - 3 of 'em citizens.

...And right there is the main problem....I have been wanting to start a new game, but have been nervous about the Vamps killing named NPC's ....but finally found a mod which sets Merchants, small quest givers, trainers, etc...as essential....activating that mod will be the first thing I do somewhere between Helgen and Riverwood.

Edited by StayFrosty05

...And right there is the main problem....I have been wanting to start a new game, but have been nervous about the Vamps killing named NPC's ....but finally found a mod which sets Merchants, small quest givers, trainers, etc...as essential....activating that mod will be the first thing I do somewhere between Helgen and Riverwood.

Just a note : incase you (or anyone) haven't heard about it, might be a lot better for your experience just to disable the DG Vampire attacks altogether, you'll still see them out and about during random encounters wandering the country side where they spawn no different than the vigilant or wolves ect but this is also where they can't do any notable harm, and will ensure you never see them in your holds / villages. It's not as though the story itself is delivered through them and setting everyone (most anyway) essential may really draw back on your enjoyment; specifically if you end up a criminal at some point. My signature contains a link to one at least, may be others by now and may be worth reading up on the Unofficial Dawnguard Fix .. I have no idea what exactly it fixes beyond placements at this point as I'm taking a break from Skyrim, but may resolve a lot; if nothing else worth keeping an eye on. :D

Edited by Satorinu

I'm taken a break from skyrim and dawnguard in tell Bethesda comes out with with a patch fixen the random attacks issue and werewolve perks and other quests dawnguard may of bugged up, may return if Hearthfire is released for Free for PC users or is under $19 US dollars from steam!..

I'll be playing either Fallout NV Ultimate Edition or Fallout 3 Goty , this game play through I tweaked my NV game for CTD's from the nexus wiki trouble shooting article here and well do the same for goty, I bought goty from Steam last month during a weekend sale for under 7 US dollars but it's taken 10 hours or more to install goty steam is fragin slow

Edited by sinnerman69