Change height of first person camera?

Khet

• 5 months later...

i actually got a similar problem, when switching to first person cam, the cam is about 3 meters above the ground (about double npc size), i started using 1st person legs mod and it did quite well, but as is used another skeleton this bug happened...

does any1 have the original skeleton and can upload it, so i can test if it hast sth to do with the bug

• 1 month later...

I'm new to windows (got the os about a month ago) and so, new to modding as well. I make no promises in what I say but it seemed to work for me so I thought I'd pass it along.

Download TES construction set.

go to file > data

scroll through the mods until you find the race mod you want. double click it, set it as the active file, and "ok" your way out of that menu.

Click on the character bar at the top of the screen. scroll on down to race and click that.

Select the race you want via the menu on the left then go to the body data screen.

You should be able to adjust height and weight from there. proportions are the exact same as the "setscale" option when you press " ` " in game.

Be warned this also changes your characters speed and squishes them along z axis so they look a little chubby.

I haven't tried it yet but I would assume weight would take care of the x and y axis disproportions. This also changes your encumbrance.

Just save and close er up after that and it should all be good. I was able to successfully shorten my kawakhajiit without messing up the 1st person camera.

Another heads up. if you used the "setscale" thing in game to change your characters height and saved your game, be sure to return it to default before you you actually adjust your characters height via tes construction set. Otherwise the scale you've set becomes the new "1" and your character gets shorter because of the height mod. They stack you become very ... very tiny. plus your still stuck in the same boat with the 1st person camera short and the 3rd person very short.

Edited by Stiggandr

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure what to advise in that case beyond wading through the UVII and DR mod comments looking for any reports of that problem (and possibly a solution if you're lucky).