Mesh clip all over the place after creating new ESP

Hello there, as title says, I did buch a bunch of outfits and created a new esp for them. They do show up fine in game but the clipping is absurd. I have no idea what is causing this since the items from the orginal mods look fine with 0 clipping and in OS they are perfect as well.

If someone could tell me where i did mess up I would gladly appreciate, thanks :)

Did you confirm sliders for each mesh in OS? Is underarmor scaling in the CK armor record causing the issue? You could also try updating the sclp data in the armor record too and see if that is the problem ^.^

Thank you for reply! No I didn't, I just used the bodyslide data that was already included in the mod to conform it to the body I was using, is that what you meant? Not sure what is underarmor scaling, so cannot really answer, I just duplicated the vaultsuit111underw or something like that, didn't change much apart from a couple of stats and railroad upgrade, since I have no idea how to. How would you apply the sclp data? Also is it even necessary, since like I said the orginal armor works fine

Edited by Thehunteroftruth

Well, underarmor scaling is a little tick box at the top of your (AA_) Armor record - if ticked the outfit will scale as if it is fitting over another outfit/underarmor, it's usually responsible for the wrists of the outfit being way too big for the hand, neck gaps etc...

Sclp data, I'm not exactly sure what this even is myself, but for example on the vanilla BoS uniform, the sleeves scale up to fit the gloves under them nicely, removing the Sclp data keeps the wrists at the same scale.

Sclp data is a little box at the bottom in your (Armo) Armor record, it says something like "update Sclp data" pressing that button will look for a Sclp data file in the same directory as the outfit nif, with the same name as the armor nif. If no Sclp data file is found it resets the Sclp data to 0.

From re-reading your post, it sounds like you just edited an armor nif and somehow the skinning got messed up, well, a picture would help narrow down what exactly is happening. - it sounds like either A, no sliders were confirmed in OS (sliders can be confirmed by going to Sliders->confirm all. Slider data is responsible for making your mesh scale to the shape of your body in bodyslide - if you change the body from the vanilla shape in bodyslide, then any outfit that uses that body will need slider data. The easiest way to get slider data into an outfit is to go File->load reference->cube body, and tick the little box at the bottom that says "merge sliders with existing ones", after that go Sliders->confirm all, or B, the armor has Sclp or underarms scaling options checked when it's not necessarily, or C, the mesh was edited or moved after it was skinned, meaning that it moves as it would have done if it were back in its originally skinned position :) they're usually the main issues when it come to skinning things :)

Edited by SandMouseAnarchy

Well, underarmor scaling is a little tick box at the top of your (AA_) Armor record - if ticked the outfit will scale as if it is fitting over another outfit/underarmor, it's usually responsible for the wrists of the outfit being way too big for the hand, neck gaps etc...

Sclp data, I'm not exactly sure what this even is myself, but for example on the vanilla BoS uniform, the sleeves scale up to fit the gloves under them nicely, removing the Sclp data keeps the wrists at the same scale.

Sclp data is a little box at the bottom in your (Armo) Armor record, it says something like "update Sclp data" pressing that button will look for a Sclp data file in the same directory as the outfit nif, with the same name as the armor nif. If no Sclp data file is found it resets the Sclp data to 0.

From re-reading your post, it sounds like you just edited an armor nif and somehow the skinning got messed up, well, a picture would help narrow down what exactly is happening. - it sounds like either A, no sliders were confirmed in OS (sliders can be confirmed by going to Sliders->confirm all. Slider data is responsible for making your mesh scale to the shape of your body in bodyslide - if you change the body from the vanilla shape in bodyslide, then any outfit that uses that body will need slider data. The easiest way to get slider data into an outfit is to go File->load reference->cube body, and tick the little box at the bottom that says "merge sliders with existing ones", after that go Sliders->confirm all, or B, the armor has Sclp or underarms scaling options checked when it's not necessarily, or C, the mesh was edited or moved after it was skinned, meaning that it moves as it would have done if it were back in its originally skinned position :smile: they're usually the main issues when it come to skinning things :smile:

thanks again for answering! I did exactly like you said in OS but unfortunately i didn't notice any difference :\ . I didn't check yet CK, but I did notice something strange in game, it does seem that my character body gets deformed and more chubbier when I do equip these items, also I didn't change anything in OS, all the changes I did was to using a different slot in ck. I will attach some screenshots so you can see.

20190316171506-1.jpg
20190316171512-1.jpg
20190316171556-1.jpg
20190316171601-1.jpg

Also armor and armoraddon tabs in CK

image.png
image.png

ooops, quite right ArmorAddon is the record i meant :) haha

ah, ok, i think the issue is under armor scaling mate:) try ticking the underarmor scalling box and see what happens :)

the only other thing i think it could be is - there could be an extra cbbe body mesh in the outfit nif, but like i say, usually that kind of problem (the body getting chubbier) is solved by ticking underarmor scalling :)

ooops, quite right ArmorAddon is the record i meant :smile: haha

ah, ok, i think the issue is under armor scaling mate:) try ticking the underarmor scalling box and see what happens :smile:

the only other thing i think it could be is - there could be an extra cbbe body mesh in the outfit nif, but like i say, usually that kind of problem (the body getting chubbier) is solved by ticking underarmor scalling :smile:

that didn't work unfortunately, no changes while in game :sad: i will link a couple of screens of the ticked box in ck and of OS, showing that there is no body attached to the nif

image.png

image.png

Also showing there's 0 clipping with the body in OS

image.png

Ah that's a shame :/

Well, I think i see that you're using the Vault111Suit record as a base for your outfit - when I messed with the vault suit I noticed weird things happened when I changed the bided slots, the vault suit definitely has sclp data, if you deleted the reference to the vault suit from the male version of the AA and then hit Import SCLP and see what happens, I bet that'll do the trick mate :)

Ah that's a shame :/

Well, I think i see that you're using the Vault111Suit record as a base for your outfit - when I messed with the vault suit I noticed weird things happened when I changed the bided slots, the vault suit definitely has sclp data, if you deleted the reference to the vault suit from the male version of the AA and then hit Import SCLP and see what happens, I bet that'll do the trick mate :smile:

Well i did end up using easygirl mod as a template for my mod and it worked great. How do you even remove the reference and import the sclp?

Nice one, does that mean problem solved?

- Well by remove the male reference I mean - there is two major dropdown boxes in AA record, male and female, the female drop down box has your custom outfit but the male box has vault111suit in it, so if you press the import sclp data button, it will bring back data for the male vault suit, so get rid of the male outfit version so the box is empty and then import sclp :) the sclp button is at the bottom of the AA record next to the OK button :)