ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Dawnguard - Can't join vampires.

muzu

I've got a few feelers out on a few forums n things and I'm still working on stuff myself, I'm getting nowhere quickly though hopefully someone smarter than me will actually solve this if I finally solve it I'll report back.

Also having issues since I started the Dawnguard campaign.

1) I go to fort Dawnguard and after he gives me the crossbow when I or the other npc recruit go to fire it nothing happens, my character twitches but that's about it. I figured no bigs I'm planning on going Vampire anyhow who needs the stupid crossbow anyhow.

which leads me to the second problem....

2) I save the Vamp chick, go see Daddy Vamp he transforms and bites me, but then I wake up in the other room and nothing happens.....The Vamp Cattle npc is there, as is Daddy Vamp, and my quest shows that I have to talk with him, but everytime I go to start the conversation he just turns and looks at me.. thats it, no dialogue.

On the bright side I guess I'm a little less bugged than the others just getting his Yeargggg scream and nothing else. But I'm guessing there is some kind of bug in the script causing this issue.

I'm having this same problem. He just stood there, and i could redo the dialog over and over. I've tried reinstalling, and now he just grunts like he's taking a poo. I've finished the quest with the console, and given myself vampire lord powers, but now I can't do the next quest and everyone calls me a mortal.

I'm having a similar problem. When it goes through the dialog after returning Arana, her dad offers vampirism and then when transforms forms to show off his power, I get no dialog to choose to join or refuse, the second he transforms he says "so be it you are prey like all mortals and banished from this castle" then he hits me with a spell, the screen goes black, and then I'm outside the castle. Is there a fix for this? I really want to join the Volkihar.

Checked around google n shizzle again still nothing posted by anyone, I am glad more people have this problem though not in a malicious kinda way but the more of us their are the more chance there is of us getting a fix for this.

EDIT:: AH HA! Finally the debugger threw out something useful! Two things caught my eye I'll paste them here for you first of all we have this;

[08/06/2012 - 10:05:24AM] warning: Property DLC1VampireChangeEffect on script dlc1playervampirechangescript attached to DLC1PlayerVampireQuest (030071D0) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

then at the end of the file we have this;

[08/06/2012 - 10:07:30AM] error: dlc1vampireturnscript.NPCTransformIntoVampireLord() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call

stack:

.DLC1_TIF__01019941.Fragment_0() - "DLC1_TIF__01019941.psc" Line 19

[08/06/2012 - 10:07:37AM] VM is freezing...

[08/06/2012 - 10:07:37AM] VM is frozen

just found this in a newer debug log;

[08/06/2012 - 10:20:34AM] error: DLC1VQ02HarkonScript.GetActorRef() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call

stack:

Looks like this is all stemming from Harkon not being able to see who the player is, could be due to a corrupt save or something?

Edited by muzu

Not sure if this will help anyone else but after about 3 hours of googling and another hour of trying random things I disabled all of my mods and that didn't work and then had steam "Verify Integrity of game cache..." while my mods were disabled and then in my next boot-up they stopped attacking me.

EDIT: Nevermind it seems this only stopped Feran Sadri from attacking me after others see me they all start attacking.

Edited by RedMan793

Wrong thread, this one is about Harkon not actually doing anything...Granted a few people have jumped in with other issues but essentially this thread is related to Harkon not transforming...I can understand your frustration but please lets keep this thread on topic and solve one problem at a time.