Skyrim crashes after deleted a mod

SnapexX

What mod manager do you use. What your explaining sounds like a common issue with NMM, spec. if you did not uninstall the mods in the exact reverse order you installed them. Even then, NMM has a bad problem with replacing the correct original file that was in it before. I'd suggest doing a complete reinstall of skyrim, make your S.T.E.P. adjustments, get your emb put into skyrim folder, then use Mod Organizer to manage your mods. If you can stay awake through it (get snacks lol), watch Gophers guide videos (in order)

Reason I say this is, I use to use NMM and I am one who changes mod setup's on a reg bases (try out new mods, updating old ones, ect), and NMM puts all these mods in Skyrims Data folder, and some mods will overwrite the same file many times, so when you go to update or remove a mod it can start messing stuff up (especially if changes stuff in the skyrim core files, that's prob what happened to you). Where as MO will give each mod it's own folder within the MO mod folder, and where as NMM replaces files, MO has a file priority system. So if several mods have the same texture file, you can set it up to where you'll get the one texture you want, without touching any of the files, when you watch the videos you'll get a better idea what i am talking about.

Soooooo, Basically You Want Me To Delete 194 Mods And Reinstall Them With A Different Program, I'll Pass.

Also If Its Any Help It's One Of These Mods That's Causing The Problem:

I Know This Because After Installing These Mods, I Couldn't Play.

Edited by LilDemonKing

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just got Dawnguard and had some problems with the "Vampire Overhaul"-Mod. So I deleted it.

After that my Game just keeps crashing - if I want to load anything. I can´t start a game anymore!

Since I deleted this mod my game isn´t working at all. I installed it again - still not working. I deleted the .bsp - still not working.

Please help?

My other mods are:

-Frostfall

-Sons of Sithis

-Total Realism

-UFO

-Vendors have Arrows

-Ring of the true Werewolf

yeah and this Vampire overhaul-thing. The Guy who made this mod isn´t answering me either.

So any ideas? http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sad.gif

I have a simmaler problem :C i downloaded the skyrim change follower outfits mod and it didnt work so i deleted it. when i started my skyrim again it crashed befor i even load my save. i deinstalled all mods i had and skyrim and installen mymods again but it sill crashes.i even installed the mod again but it crashed again i dont know what to do please halp :C