Is anyone playing Dawnguard WITHOUT bugs/ crashing?

kevkiev

. It turned out that one of the most unlikely mods to have caused this animation glitch was called "Aurora Plus TSO" (here is the link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12940). After disabling it in NMM and loading my saved game, everything works fine.

Now, I am not sure if Aurora Plus TSO mod was also the reason why mounted combat animation did not work, but I will check as soon as I travel outside and update my post.

I have managed to discover a hilarious (to me at least) odd one ;3 Using 1.6 and around 30 mods I have managed to go practically crash & bug free through 30+ hours of gameplay.. including becoming a vampire lord.. and then the animation glitch started to nag at me (Where new npc's are all repeating drinking/feeding/reading/ect over and over and over) ... and decided meh, time to take a moment to fix this minor annoyance (since it wasn't stopping any quests..) and discovered, of all those 30ish mods - only ONE was the issue.. guess which one! I DARE YOU..

Current Load Order:

ESM Files / Actual Mod Name

Skyrim

Update

Dawnguard

Climates of Tamriel / "Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel"

ApachiiHair

SkyMoMod / "Skyrim Monster Mod"

ESP Files / Actual Mod Name

iHUD

dD - Enhanced Blood

DeadlySpellImpacts

Climates of Tamriel-Dungeons&Interiors / Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel

StaticMeshImprovements

ExtendedSliderColors

Presets / Face-Presets mod called "Inhabitants of Skyrim"

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Chesko_Frostfall / "Frostfall"

MasterTheTimeAndSpace

WeaponsOf3E / "Weapons of the Third Era"

hothtrooper44_armorcompliation / "Immersive Armors"

Dread Huntress Armor

1nivWICCloaks / "Winter Is Coming - Cloaks"

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

BuildableHouse / "Build Your Own Home"

BirdsofSkyrim

SkyMoMod_lists (Lore Friendly edition) / "Skyrim Monster Mod + Lore Friendly ESP"

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Convenient Horses

The Dance of Death

Duel - Combat Realism

ACE (EXCEPT Combat-Duel Handles that) / "Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements"

dD - enhanced blood

Of all things.. of ALL things.. xD oh well.

Edit:

It struck me about thirty seconds after posting.. that anyone who doesn't know what that is .. makes it sound so obvious <.< But honestly the last thing in the world I expected was a mod that enhances blood textures and makes blood pool around dead bodies - of all the other potential ones causing the problem - for it to be THAT one. I expected Duel.. or Dance of Death.. or Ace.. hell even the armor mods or frostfall, even more likely Alternative start with it's throwing you in as a vampire if you choose that life.. something I refuse to surrender.. but that.. a texture/pooling mod? Really? Ugh! Shoulda done it sooner.

took me like 4 hours to find this thread, and then guess what,

crimson tide made those animation glitches on vampires inside the castle

srsly wtf omg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so i have no idea if this topic is still payed attention to anymore but I have a problem with Dawnguard. When i enter Valercia's study the quest arrow remains where it was and the chasing echos quest doesn't proceed. I have had Dawnguard for a while and i am wondering what is going on since on all the other characters i did this on didn't glitch up like that. If someone can help me with this that'd be VERY nice this is PC Dawnguard by the way.