⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Is anyone playing Dawnguard WITHOUT bugs/ crashing?

kevkiev

I always expect an increase in "I'm having problems" type threads when a DLC comes out but, yikes, there seems to be an unusually high amount of 'em with Dawnguard. Maybe it's just that there's more peeps playing this than, say, the FONV DLCs (which never gave me any problem) so there would necessarily be more peeps with probs? And maybe it's that, for whatever reason, way more mods have to be updated for DG than previous games. (As far as I can tell, the only update I'll need to make is for Auto Unequip Arrows - the mod author was amazingly fast on uploading an update, so I'm pretty comfy on that scene.)

I've been mulling over finally allowing the 1.7.7 patch and buying Dawnguard (I'm switched the 1.7 with a backup of 1.6 that I after the patch went live), but seeing all these support threads is making me nervous. So, yeah, just curious how many people are finding that Dawnguard DOESN'T give them any bugs or crashes.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not done with it, but haven't seen anything gamebreaking at all. A few minor things;

-Invisible shoes on a priest

-Mesh hole in arms when using crossbow and dawnguard heavy armor (Might be because I run fov 90 though)

-The "follow me" option disappeared on a DG-related companion after asking her to stay put for a moment.

-Two DG sidequest sent me to clear the same dungeon, but for different purposes (Making the second run pretty eventless :P )

-Killcam when using crossbow can be awkward and glitchy sometimes.

That's what I've experienced so far at least, and I'm about 15 hours in (Dawnguard side). I've had to reload a save to fix some of them. I'm not experiencing any CTD's at all, and I'm running tons of mods (Only gfx-mods, some new gear mods, body mods, and Hyporthermia with Basic Needs.

ok, thanks MB, that doesn't sound too bad. I run mainly gfx mods too, I view skyrim as pretty fragile so I tend to stay away from big overhauls.

I take it the "follow me" thing was one that was fixed with the loading a prior save thing?

Well, after finally ignoring the map marker so I could actually find Fort Dawnguard, I can't enter the place without a CTD.

edit: okay, Dawnguard 1; Pebkac 0. Updated the Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix mod and was able to enter.

Edited by kevkiev

running dawnguard without bugs/crashing?

lets see:

crashes: not one crash so far, but i am still at the beginning of the dawnguard quests.

bugs: besides the fact, that my body becomes invisible when i turn into vampire lord form (clothes are visible, but the body is invisible = floating clothes) and that the questmarker for Fort Dawnguard is totally f***ed up, i have encountered no bugs so far.

but i have "just" spent 10 hours playing with Dawnguard enabled, doing sidequests of the Dawnguard storyline.

Maybe i will find some pretty bad bugs when i play Dawnguard longer.

With more then 150 mods enabled, it will be just a matter of time before i get the first "Showstopper" bug.

running dawnguard without bugs/crashing?

lets see:

crashes: not one crash so far, but i am still at the beginning of the dawnguard quests.

bugs: besides the fact, that my body becomes invisible when i turn into vampire lord form (clothes are visible, but the body is invisible = floating clothes) and that the questmarker for Fort Dawnguard is totally f***ed up, i have encountered no bugs so far.

but i have "just" spent 10 hours playing with Dawnguard enabled, doing sidequests of the Dawnguard storyline.

Maybe i will find some pretty bad bugs when i play Dawnguard longer.

With more then 150 mods enabled, it will be just a matter of time before i get the first "Showstopper" bug.

Just to help confirm'

Running skyrim 1.6/ skse 1.6 30ish mods and between 25-30 hours in as a vampire with dawnguard. 3 crashes (Spread about 8-10 hours apart from each other, i play in long sessions o.x so likely from that.) and 1 bug (breezehome's alchemy lab can be bought over and over but not appears.. likely a mod issue I don't want to bother figuring out :P Could just download a improved breezehome mod.)

So yeah, it works -- just for some it's a nightmare. I'm still trying to round up a few people (With issues) to basically install a fresh skyrim and roll to 1.6 without mods and test to see if the issue is resolved.. because the only logical thing I can narrow it down to is mods scripts/meshes causing issues or skyrim 1.7 being the evil doer.. or a combination.

Pretty much the only problematic bugs I've found is that Lord Hakon fails to cast Banish at the right time, and I couldn't scrape the bark properly. First bug meant I decided to play Vampire side instead of Dawnguard side like I intended and second bug required a small bit setstage console command.