ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Savegame regular freezes

sirtibio

Hello everyone!

As in topic, I have this annoying problem with freezes and long loading/saving (whenever I save game stops responding for about 1 minute) I've read couple of threads on this forum, I've downloaded several fixes and so on but they yielded not result.

Here's what I've tried so far:

- reinstal skyrim

- reinstal windows (64 bit SP1)

- running game without mods

- various ENB performance boosts

- patch 1.3

- patch 1.6 (did not used 1.7 as I've heard it breaks some mods)

- unofficial skyrim patch

- disable autosave

- lowering game settings

- tweaking game with Nvidia 3D settings

- Skyrim Universal 4GB Memory Patch

- Mart's Savegame De-bloatifier

- Reduced level from 131 to 50 (just in case)

I do not use the Sounds of Skyrim mod, I've read it can cause long loading/saving.

I've noticed that savegame has 90+ mb, but I think it's normal when you are far in game.

Here's mods I use:

- Bottle that blood

- Cloaks of Skyrim

- Den987 Smooth Female Face Replacer

- Detailed Faces v2

- DIMONIZED UNP female body

- Elven Weaponry

- Enchanting Freedom

- Equipment of Eternal Shine - Elven Overhaul

- Experience of the Loverstone

- House on the Rock

- Khantus Armor Set

- Nightshade Armor

- Real Glass Weapons

- Real Silver Swords

- UNP Casual Outfit - Oni Edition

Anyways, any mod does not affect it neither possitively nor negatively.

The only one solution is make a new game.

Does it mean that the savegame is somewhat broken?

Is there any way to fix this savegame?

If anyone have any other ideas, please do shareI, thanks :D

I've noticed that savegame has 90+ mb, but I think it's normal when you are far in game.

No, that is not normal and you have a corrupted/bloated save. If your save is over 15mb, time to start keeping closer eye on save size and possibly take action to minimize the growth if it starts affecting performance. Completed game with thre different characters and never went over 15mg save game.

Are you excluding anything such as mods removed or changing Ugrids? The reason I ask is because I'm not seeing anything that would bloat your save in the mods you listed.

I'm not sure if that save game is repairable, but it wouldn't hurt to try the Clean Save Procedure from STEP:

STEP Link

Edited by woody79

Are you excluding anything such as mods removed or changing Ugrids? The reason I ask is because I'm not seeing anything that would bloat your save in the mods you listed.

Well I have used many mods, but I neither rembember nor keep a list of them. I've never encountered such problems with games like Oblivion, Fallout, Fallout New Vegas. My saves usually were big (maybe not above 90 but 50 mb at least)but I did not have any freezes or issues. And by Ugrids you mean mods like Open Cities? If yes, that I've tried it but it didn't work and I've uninstalled it. Anyways, thanks for pointing out about savegame file size, I will definitely pay attention to it in future.