Dawnguard: Kicked to 3rd person constantly.

RyuaNesha

Since my fix seems to work for people i made this for the rest that can't or won't handle a hex editor :-)

>3rd Person Fix

That url is invalid, it's only " <a class=" and nothing more.

I tried the text editor fix, but it does not work. The only one of those words that shows up in my file is change, which shows up twice, but for a key change, likely related to my convenient horses mod or convenient message box mod.

Are there other ways to handle the problem?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My save file is only level 7. I've never been a vampire or werewolf and I have the same problem so it's not that. I agree that it started happening when I clicked "disable all mods" and then "enabled" them again. So I definitely think it was because I unchecked dawnguard then rechecked it. Any patches or mods that will fix this?

I have the same issue here but I dont have Dawnguard or any other DLC. I have just become a werewolf though, and am at level 12. Save game at level 5 doesnt have any problems at all, but I cant face doing those 7 levels again. I did some messing around and this happened: (copied from another thread I made)

So I tried again, when it moved me into external view I was suddenly transported to a bed. I was able to get up and keep playing, but now no followers actually follow me, despite them saying they are, and also I cant use any work bench, leather tanning etc etc. It enters them, but wont stay in the menu part, just exits again. Annoying.

Edit: Hell, only just saw the age of the thread. Apologies

Edited by Raaritgozilla

• 3 weeks later...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22620//?

The link in the previous post fixed it. Also, reloading from an older save will reverse the bug.

What caused it for me was adding a mod. At the main menu i selected "Continue" then it gave me a warning that the save has files that are not currently present (or something like that). I pressed yes to load and got the bug right after. I confirmed this with another character save. Luckily, I have multiple saves per character.

• 3 weeks later...

God dam i read this and now i know what the problem is: I had the Dawnguard questline finished as it gave me the archievment master vampire even dough i wasent a vampire.

So it could be that skyrim thinks you are in vampire mode constantly.

Does anybody know which file to chango for that problem?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying this right now! Hope it works! :DD

EDIT:

IT WORKED! I can't believe it. Crazy how one little bit in the code makes all the difference. :D

So, the steps are:

1) Get a hex editor. I recommend XVI32.

2) Open up your "problem" Skyrim save in the hex editor.

3) Search for text string "dlc1playervampirechangescript".

4) Change the "1" in that text to a "2".

5) Save the file.

6) Enjoy Dawnguard in first person. :smile:

Thanks so much, GregP, for following up on this and digging for an answer. And thanks to DarkenDE for the fix.

THANK YOU SO FK'IN MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Trying this right now! Hope it works! :DD

EDIT:

IT WORKED! I can't believe it. Crazy how one little bit in the code makes all the difference. :D

So, the steps are:

1) Get a hex editor. I recommend XVI32.

2) Open up your "problem" Skyrim save in the hex editor.

3) Search for text string "dlc1playervampirechangescript".

4) Change the "1" in that text to a "2".

5) Save the file.

6) Enjoy Dawnguard in first person. :smile:

Thanks so much, GregP, for following up on this and digging for an answer. And thanks to DarkenDE for the fix.

Agreed. This definitely worked for me as well!!! Finally!