ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Aura's

Huglarh

Simply put. Something not as accurate to Dragon Ball Z, But Lore friendly for Skyrim's nature. I may consider suggesting this to Oblivion as a mod suggestion as well.

What I request is a mod about Aura's. Often a display of one putting their power (Or in the case of the TES Series, Magicka) Into their all, letting it pour outward from their body. Often as a display of how powerful they are, Sometimes the presence of their aura increases their abilities, the efficiency of their powers and feats, sometimes all the above but in a weaker manner. The list goes on.

Perhaps also this has been present in the game. I for one do not own Skyrim, and I prefer to buy it legally. But I can guess for some cases, maybe like TES: Oblivion, that very few enemies were covered in a aura or some form of glowing light. Just cause I do not have it, doesn't mean I can't help by offering idea's.

Anyway. The idea behind it originally, is there is a specific Aura for each of the schools of magic, and maybe one or two that does whatever its suppose too but much weaker, for a much bigger Aesthetic aura at better versatility at a price. Where as aura's For their respective school will usually be a lot of efficient for its respective magic where as any other school of magic used with the wrong Aura could end up with weaker or much worse results.

Good examples are:

There is a aura for Restoration. Magic used while a Restoration Aura is present may become much more effective. However if using, say, a Destructive magic spell to cast a fire ball, will most likely do little to Nil damage. Sometimes using the wrong spell too much for the Aura that belongs to a specific School, may end the Aura buff prematurely.

Another is a Aura that belongs to the Destructive school, a Aura buff present while using any of the Destructive relative spells, will allow them to do much damage, work more effectively. Restoration spells will do little to nothing as well. As usual it may also end the Aura too soon.

Same can go with Illusion, Alteration, Conjuration. You name it. Well actually what schools are originally present in Skyrim, where TESV: Oblivion has a couple or so schools more. (There seriously needs to be a mod to make all the animations in TESV: Oblivion Smoother. Goodness man...))

Anyway, Aura's generally give the idea that their better used as a last ditch effort. Most likely when your down on your luck and about to meet your make. Aura's can also make for Great and Epic battles! Most often it can be used, if your fairly certain your strong enough, can be used to mow down enemies far weaker then you. Or in the case of Restoration, Allies heal much quicker to a point they cannot die. However, that is debatable on the topic of Balance.

Aura's come in Ranks. Originally the idea was that depending on the amount of spells you know for your respective schools, One rank after another will slowly be added to your available knowledge of spells. However, as one new one unlocks, it progressively becomes harder to procure the next aura, As it requires more knowledge (I.E. you need to know more, and then more spells.) before the next one is born within your mind.

A good example is:

I have started out, Whatever my class... race... And Inherent abilities are. I know NO magic, none whatsoever. As I take interest in magical arts, whether several for my advantages in battle should it be anything else but a magic user or a full fledged magic user, I notice I feel a strange sensation inside me.

After, Say, I learn 5 spells. A New spell or in the case of Aura's "Power" becomes available in my list of spells. I know it seems out of place as a power. But that's up to you to be a spell or power. Anyway I learn a new power/spell called "Weak Illusionist Aura" Or in whatever case your preferences of magic are.

The Aura permits a discount of 3% mana usage, and my Illusion Magic & Powers are 3 more effectively. The Aura will last 60 seconds, During the time my ability to case, increase damage and effectiveness and the like gets a boost. What more in the case of a "Weak" Illusionist Aura, the Aura around me is present, but looks not very prominent and strong.

This can apply to the other schools, deciding what effect they will have. However the original idea is that do increase effectiveness and decrease mana usage.

Now then, the idea for it is that Aura's come in tier's:

Weak "(School of magic here But without ('s or "'s)" Aura

" " Aura

" " Aura I

" " Aura II

" "Aura III

" "Aura V

That is a mere example, plus the names of the aura's are simply place holders. There can be more tiers of aura or less depending on how many spells are in Skyrim. Since I know only little from watching video's on it. The names are place holders too but I feel the Roman numbers would be lore friendly in addressing the Tier of Aura.

There are some pressing concerns in the matter.

Aura's definitely should be a Day only use. But I'm not sure if it is capable to make it, so should one aura be used, the others cant be used either till the next day.

But the origin of the idea is that either they should last 60 seconds, Or it slowly eats away at your mana pool till it runs dry, thereby causing the Aura to end, giving it its own unique time limit.

Another should be if the Higher Tiers of Aura's should cause some kind of Drawback after using a Aura. Either along the lines of increased mana usage when the Aura is through. Perhaps suffer a slower mana regeneration for the day, So it sits realistically of being Magically exhausted from putting your all into it. I'm all ears, im up for anything as long as it isn't outlandishly op or up.

Should there be a sort of Ultimate aura that is as powerful as the Highest tier auras but not as strong as them, only allowing to be able to be flexable in all schools of magic, at a heavy price?

Like say the Highest Aura tier for its respective school is -50% mana usage and +50% stronger effect, This "Versatile Aura" however comes in Tiers, Its highest Versatile Aura puts on the largest, most powerful display of a aura, showing your seething with power on the scale of the Eye of Magnus. But this Aura, in exchange for versatility in all the schools of magic, only allows -25% Mana usage but +25% Stronger effect, But the heavy penalty for using it is increased mana usage and slow mana regen for the rest of the day. That's just a example. It's subject to change.

Another is if the Highest Teir's of Aura only for the ones for the respective schools, should have unique effects on Certain spells, powers and the like.

Like say the Highest Tier Illusion Aura allows the spell "Invisibility" to prevent from losing effect only once when you strike someone, or steal something. attack, stealing and such again dismisses the effect. Call to Arms spell may also buff other aspects while donning those under the effect in power Ethereal armor and weaponry.

The Highest Tier Destruction Aura causes a array of effects on certain spells. Like using a Fireball instead causes a Massive flaming rock to spew from your hand. And explode in a enemies face. Ice spear becomes more like a very large spear, That will hover in the air above where the caster last casted there, Idle while aiming for closest enemy there is and then Fly at high speeds at a enemy. Using sparks instead causes you to shoot a small ball of electricity at a foe. Dealing one damage, but suddenly a powerful Thunder bolt discharges from the sky and strikes the target for massive damage.

The Highest Tier Restoration will cause healing hands not only to heal your target, but it'll chain to other people/creatures close to your patient. Grand heal may heal for a large amount, and cause allies close enough to you to receive a Health regen effect as long as they stick close to you within a certain Radius.

The Highest Tier Conjuration will cause Summons to be a lot more powerful only is you Dual cast and charge the summoning. Sometimes summoning one of a specific summon may cause two to appear instead.

The Highest Tier Alteration will allow you to erect some Wards indefinitely, leaving your hands free to use for other things. However the Ward will only guard the direct it faces, following from the front. Plus it will sustain a specific amount of damage before fading. Flesh spells may also become useful only when specific armor is being worn.

And So forth. again this is debate and up to the person to take it up to decide how it will go.

What does anyone think?

Edited by Huglarh