Incredibly Annoying CTD's

JRFan007

So I am at my wits end with Skyrim. I keep having random and sometimes not so random CTD's and I cannot for the life of my figure out why. I am already on the lowest possible settings, I use the latest version of SKSE, I have BOSS and use it every time I install a new mod and I've verified the integrity og my game cache.. The only thing I can think of is mod conflict but I can't seem to figure out which ones are conflicting. Also for some reason it is taking my game forever to save a game, it just today randomly started to stutter every once in a while (but still good FPS overall), and some save games get stuck at the loading screen. The last few things have started without me changing load order or adding new mods. I have Dawnguard and I a m updated to 1.7. I'd like to keep the reinstallion of the game as a last resort.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. - some of the mods on there are my own personal mods but all they do is edit npc's faces and armors.

Edited by JRFan007

Having had to start a new game 3 times now, the main thing ive found that causes ctd is save game corruption. To avoid the stress, and for peace of mind, your best bet is to keep all your saves, keep all your mods, max your settings, but spend a few hours on a brand new game. Experience has taught me the hard way that once you start getting ctd, thats the only way to fix

check your save game files and post your papyrus log. I had similar problems with random ctds and saving taking forever. Checking my papyrus log showed me lots of script errors. Deleting the mods that installed such scripts solved my problems.

Ya my saves are around 113mbs lol.

So is it just script mods that are screwing me over?

For some reason I can't get a papyrus log...I changed the ini settings and it creates the log and scripts folder but the folders are empty...

Update: Finally got a papyrus log but I dont think I can post it since it's around 2 million lines long on notepad++

Edited by JRFan007

I found several scripts that were screwing with me; I deleted them and my problems were resolved. But now I'm getting a "runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function" that I have never had before....I only deleted scripts so I don't know why this is happening. Any thoughts guys?

And thanks for the suggestion about the scripts btw.

Edited by JRFan007