Question about change Hair's slot from Hair_long (31) to Hair_long (30)

Just trying to port a custom hairstyle from skyrim to fallout 4. I tried to apply an Hairline mesh as the tutorial instructed, but somehow the hair just stay whenever I equipped any hat that does not occupy Biped Object slot 31. Therefore, I assume that the mesh itself contains information regarding which slot it occupies.

However, after digging through several tutorial, I cannot find any information regarding changing the hair from occupying Hair_long slot to Hair_top slot. I tried using Nifskope with no luck.

Can anyone please help me on this matter?

Edited by DaelonVance

I might need correcting here, but I think hairline meshes take the hair long slot and the hair "extra" part takes the hair top slot. So, if you want to get rid of the top of the hair when a hat is worn, make it so that your hairline mesh is the model you want to show under a hat and then make your hair top to be what is seen when not wearing a hat :)

Hmm, it seems that even altering vanilla hair mesh causes the problem too. I change the main "Hair" type mesh of "No Nonsense" into "Elegant" mesh "Hairlong01.nif", and the "Hairlong01" mesh would not disappear when wearing a hat while in No Nonsense style. Must be something wrong with creation kit.

Hmm, you know it may very well be the opposite, it has been ages since I touched hairs ^.^ and because I never put hats on my character I added extra part and hairline to each hair record so that the full hair is always visible.

There is subindex ids for hair, maybe that will help? - Open the hair in outfit studio and check how the vanilla style is subindexed ^.^ other than that, I'm really not sure what's going on mate sorry, it's usually just a case of dropping in a hairline mesh and then making an extra part.

If none of that works, maybe there is data left in the 3D that is confusing ck, you could try exporting your mesh from outfit studio as an obj, then make a new project with a vanilla style as the reference, reimport the obj, line it up, skin it etc that should insure that there is just the mesh and no extra data, from there it would be best to make a test hairline, no extra part and see if that stays when wearing a hat and go on from there ^.^

Still didn't work, but thanks for trying though.

Hmm, messing around a bit more, I think the problem might have stem from the hairbone weight I copied from vanilla hair 23, as I can stack the ported hair mesh with Hairlong01, but stacking with Hair 23 only made the latter disappear. Don't know why, though.

Guess I will have to make do with the result I have now. Vanilla hats aren't that impressive anyway.