Creation kit not loading dawnguard

Nomad959

I've already added the necessary code to the skyrimeditor.ini (as in Dawnguard.bsa to the archive section) and when ever I try to load dawnguard in the editor it just crashes saying that creation kit is no longer responding. Stupid thing is It has already worked for me once or twice but then when I try to go back into it nothing and know it just won''t load at all despite everything I can think off. tried adding bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1 as well which did nothing. I've attached the archive section as well in case you want to make sure nothing is wrong there.

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bUseArchives=1

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa

If anyone has some advice or could do something life post there own ini that would be appreciated, in the mean time back to doing things until something happens :D

same here for me, Can't figure it out either, and crashes in the same way in the very end, gives me not responding

I changed my SkyrimEditor.ini an added for fields SArchiveList & SResourceArchiveList=

perhaps we added in the wrong lines ?

What I did was put the dawnguard.bsa on the "SArchiveList=" section also and it worked for me.

In fact, you guys inadvertently helped me with this problem.

[Archive]

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bUseArchives=1

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa

• 2 months later...
I am having the same issue as OP. Got the 2 lines in the ini file changed to include dawnguard.bsa but any attempt to load Dawnguard or even just Update.bsa seems to crash the CK. Game runs fine, just the CK affected. Can load other external mods like dragonbone weapons just fine. Any ides what I should do.

no point starting a new thred for same issue ,so iv tried all of the above and nada the moment i try loading the dawnguard.esm it crashes load anything else and it works suggestions anyone cos all internet searches lead me back here weird huh !

@davycrockett: Just got DG loaded into the creation kit with a different method than bl3azy. In SkyrimEditor ini under [General] add this line: bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

The only other changes I made were to the SResourceArchiveList2=Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa

I actually added more BSAs than shown because I was working with a mod. When I clicked data at the beginning of CK work, I selected skyrim esm, update esm and dawnguard esm. There was some Yes to All choices but it loaded. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
alright so for me, i have done all of the above ideas, but my problem is just the game wont open. it opens the starter menu for choosing the data files and options etc etc. but then when ever i hit play that just closes like normal and skyrim never starts?

• 3 weeks later...