Dawnguard, Serana Bug

Jaasce

When I enter dialogue with Serana, she does an animation (like folding her arms), then she just goes really stiff, she plays no animation and just stands there with her arms slightly away from her sides, not moving.

I haven't seen it much with other people, is there a fix with this? It breaks the immersion when she just goes stiff and doesn't move.

that is because any mod of poses; both thing, the stuck animation and the crossbow bug.

The solution is delete all the files of the poses mod, because, even if not active continue to causing that bugs

and please forgive my bad english ><

Edited by Zelick

I don't understand why this only happens to Serana though. If it's truly a pose mod conflict, wouldn't it happen to all female NPC's?

Edit: Btw, I even disabled ALL my mods, yet she still does that stiff pose, so it has to be an animation/pose mod I installed that doesn't have a corresponding .esp. Also, yes, I did install FNIS and used GenerateFNISforUsers, so I have no clue what's going on.

http://www.davidjscott.com/misc/skyrim_seranaIssue.jpg

The strange thing is she correctly uses my character's custom pose (see my char above) and she also correctly uses custom sit idles, so I'm not sure what pose the game is having her play that's not working, but whatever it is, it only commences during dialog.

Edited by davidx4

that is because any mod of poses; both thing, the stuck animation and the crossbow bug.

The solution is delete all the files of the poses mod, because, even if not active continue to causing that bugs

and please forgive my bad english ><

gonna have to try this. I did try a few other mods, and all I did was turn them off...I can live without poses...I can't live without my body mods, male or female...

and I just posted this thing about the crossbows in a different topic...but yeah I have the same issue with serana...and they need to make her able to be married quickly...

I don't understand why this only happens to Serana though. If it's truly a pose mod conflict, wouldn't it happen to all female NPC's?

Edit: Btw, I even disabled ALL my mods, yet she still does that stiff pose, so it has to be an animation/pose mod I installed that doesn't have a corresponding .esp. Also, yes, I did install FNIS and used GenerateFNISforUsers, so I have no clue what's going on.

http://www.davidjscott.com/misc/skyrim_seranaIssue.jpg

The strange thing is she correctly uses my character's custom pose (see my char above) and she also correctly uses custom sit idles, so I'm not sure what pose the game is having her play that's not working, but whatever it is, it only commences during dialog.

I tried FNIS and I didn't like it, but I think I didn't completely delete it. so that is probably the problem...how that relates to Serana specifically, I don't know...guess I have some work ahead of me tonight...when I get home, gonna figure out how to get rid of all of that...