[WIP] Comprehensive Community Enhancement Mod

Athelos

http://i53.tinypic.com/2hx1s1g.png

FOR SKYRIM

What is the Comprehensive Community Enhancement Mod?

A collection of a games best mods, all packed into a convenient installer. The installer of which offers detailed information about the mods and the choice of which ones to install. The goal of the CCEM is not to collect a bunch of useful mods together into one single installer, but to collect mods together of which are essential, stable and offer not only a challenge, but balance and fun as well. An updater will be provided as well, and the option to either install standalone or into the NMM. The installer will also include install options for NMM & BOSS GUI.

HOWEVER! A mod such as this; which makes an immense amount of changes should only be loaded into a CLEAN save or a New Game altogether. If your save still contains data and scripts from other mods, it is likely that you will encounter a tremendous amount of crashes to your desktop. You can rest assured that the mods included in this project have and will undergo RIGOROUS quality control and testing.

What should I know when 'Nominating' a mod for the CCEM?

Nomination of a mod should fall under these terms:

- Stable.

- Balanced.

- Essential.

- Creative.

- Adds additional content.

- No hack/cheat mods.

Nominating a mod doesn't mean that it will make the CCEM. The original author of the mod will still need to be contacted for permission. Testing and QA must also be done before it will make the CCEM.

Is the CCEM just a collection of other peoples mods?

Yes and no. The CCEM will also include various mods of my own which I will *not* release seperately on the Nexus until after I release the CCEM. Keep in mind that the installer will be scripted to allow for the installation and uninstallation of ANY mod so it purely the choice of the user; which mods they want to install, and whether to install them directly into the game or through NMM. Just because a mod is listed below, does not mean that you are forced to install it, you will have choices.

Please either reply to this thread or send me a PM with your suggestions. If the mod is your own, please leave a message stating that you have given permission to include it in the CCEM.

.::Pending List::.

• Apachii Hairs
  • Complete Crafting Overhaul
  • Convenient Horses
  • Curamil's White Phial
  • Deus Mons
  • Dovahkiin Mod Menu
  • DYNAVISION
  • Extended Slider Colors
  • Female Muscle Mod
  • Open Cities
  • SkyUI
  • Smithing Perks Overhaul
  • Ultimate Follower Overhaul
  • Unnofficial Dawnguard Patch
  • Unnofficial Hearthfire Patch
  • Unnofficial Skyrim Patch
  • Weapons & Armor Fixes

.::Approved List::.

.::Declined List::.

Edited by Athelos

Pending List Updated as of 08/09/2012 - Your opinions count and should you think any of the above mods (which I have added myself) do not conform to the standards of this project, you may elect they be stricken from the mod.

• 5 months later...

DYNAVISION but not IMAGINATOR? I never use dynavision, and imaginator is basically essential to me, but I also use CoT and an ENB, which essentially renders dynavision useless. I personally think the two of them together should be essential, if you figure out how to use both, it makes ENBs unnecessary. While you can't achieve the WOW effect without them, you no longer need them to make skyrim look totally stunning.

I personally think that the MOST essential mod for skyrim is Frostfall, since installing it, Skyrim itself seems like an enemy, which is the way I believe it was meant to feel. This combined with 'wet and cold' and the new footprints mod bring an extreme amount of realism to skyrim, it really is stunning how these mods work together to make skyrim feel like a real... and very dangerous place.

That's really all the input I have. :tongue:

EDIT: oh, the new RaceMenu mod, I only JUST installed this mod, but it makes building my character fun again, it use to be a chore on skyrim. I get more options for designing my character on saints row the third then vanilla skyrim. :facepalm:

Edited by ArtMurder

i don't really get frostfall. does having a mod tell you when and how to rp setting up a camp actually add anything.

Um... yes? It makes it a necessary part of the game, by that logic, why even make mods, why not just pretend the game is modded the way you want? Camping is an important part of frostfall for a reason, and most people aren't going to take the time to set up a camp just to role play it, but making it part of a working system with rules and reasons make it so you have to think about wear you put your camp so that you can keep warm, and away from danger, and if you have an eating/drinking mod close to a river for water.

And the camping isn't even the part I enjoy about frostfall, to me the 'exposure' aspects at 'wear' effects are by far the most immersive, so that you can't go running around in winterhold in your forsworn loincloth and survive, and so that falling in cold water can be lethal, instead of being able to swim for 30 minutes in arctic water with no draw back or effect whatsoever.

i see, but i bet most people were doing it before installing the mod. kekeke.

.... Thanks for proving my point?

If your doing something just for the hell of it, adding a mod that makes it an important part of the game is the logical next step, this is why modding exists. :ermm: I'm really confused why you are so against the idea of a mod that does something a lot of people want done. That's just..... silly.

Edited by ArtMurder