Should I buy via steam or not?

wormywyrm

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy via steam or not?

• Buy via steam
    • Buy box

Really, because my disk from Gamestop had nothing except the Steam software. I had to download the entire game.

I remember many people had that issue around release. Not sure if it's a bug or some Steam setting, but you can avoid it by disabling your internet connection when starting the install. That will force it to use your DVD content instead.

Would be kinda retarded to sell DVD's with only Steam on them :P

Steam version, takes hours to download and hours to install, through the CD it´s 15 minutes to install.

After it downloads, it's pretty much installed. Besides, it takes 30 minutes to go to the store to buy the actual game.

The game uses Steam anyways. Save some paper and plastic and buy it digitally. Plus you might catch another sale. Not long ago it was 50% off.

For the OP,

I haven't bought skyrim yet... I did play it when it first came out for 10 or so hours but not a copy of my own and I downloaded a lot of mods. I am going to buy it now. Here are some questions:

1. Do all mods work with the steam version of skyrim? (even the memory expansion and special script mods?)

2. Does steam save your saved game data so if I stop playing/uninstall and reinstall on another computer in the future I will have my saved game?

3. Does nexus mod manager work even if I get the steam version of the game?

4. Is there a reason that I would want to use nexus mod manager for my mods or does steam mod manager have all the good mods minus the adult ones?

Yes

Yes

Yes

Personal preference. I use both.

If you have limited bandwidth, go with the box version. It will be a lot faster to (re)install.

In any case, you are forced to use steam (which i will never use if i had the choice. IMO, it has a very lame updating system)

Really, because my disk from Gamestop had nothing except the Steam software. I had to download the entire game.

I remember many people had that issue around release. Not sure if it's a bug or some Steam setting, but you can avoid it by disabling your internet connection when starting the install. That will force it to use your DVD content instead.

Would be kinda retarded to sell DVD's with only Steam on them :P

Well, I did think it was retarded.