Can't move mouse in menus

AchoZen

After getting over the excitement of DayZ, I decided I wanted to start playing Fallout again. When I tried to run my heavily modified version I already had, my mouse wouldn't respond in menus. After a complete uninstall and reinstall, I ran the base game unupdated and my mouse worked again. I thought it was fixed so I went ahead and updated it to 1.7. Now the game refuses to run in fullscreen and my mouse is still unresponsive in menus when running it windowed. My mouse responds in game, but any time I open my inventory I can't move the cursor. The only change to my system was I upgraded from a wal-mart mouse to a Roccat Kone+, but even with my old mouse it still won't move.

Specs:

WIndows 7 64-bit

ATI 5670 (512mb version)

Phenom II X4 965 Black

4GB DDR3

I can provide more info if needed.

1. See if you can get a signed driver for that mouse from Microsoft that is 64 bit (then look at what it's using now 32 or 64) I think you can visit the automatic updates page then signed mouse drivers would be in optional updates.

2. Start a new game and see if the mouse works in the inventory menus

1. See if you can get a signed driver for that mouse from Microsoft that is 64 bit (then look at what it's using now 32 or 64) I think you can visit the automatic updates page then signed mouse drivers would be in optional updates.

2. Start a new game and see if the mouse works in the inventory menus

I currently have the most up to date signed mouse driver. The problem also persists with my other mouse too. Also, it's not just inventory menus, it's all menus including the main menu.

Disable windows themes an try it. I'll admit I don't know much about it. Personalize then change the window color to basic. Another way is to find the .exe an properties it, then compatiblity mode, admin mode, an disable themes. Then try it. Old games tend to do better in comp mode for XP 32 SP2 -SP3. Applications running in the background while running old games will cause issues with them as well.