msn from Zbrush woes

bloody hypocrite

Hey folks,

So I'm trying to create a new standalone npc using it's own custom race. The problem is that when I generate a msn from Zbrush it ends up looking like this. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/Bud_Kulpecz/maleheadb.jpg

rather than how it should, like this. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/Bud_Kulpecz/maleheada.jpg

It looks like the RGB is going the right way, just coming out too dark. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

BH

The one below isn't even done right -- what he did was cleaned off the original facemap.msn file and then used a picture to overlay overtop of the msn file -- meaning there is no 3D effect from the detail in the face -- only in conditions that light shines from above - thats it <br><br>it should be designed so the texture is visible in all angles of light and not just 1 spectrum <br><br>As for yours, looks like your using a horrid polygon model <br>just use the polygone model that Skyrim provides - u have to extract it from the Skyrim - Meshes.bsa file found in skyrim/data directory <br>then once u have the male polygon model... Load it into 4D Cinema or other 3d program and do your work to the face,  increase the polygon count<br>but not to much or low end computers wont even be able to load your mod.<div>Export your changes  to the model into a MSN file then it will look kinda blank as far as fine texture goes but u will have the larger parts of the face like cheeks and eyes and mouth and ears</div><div>this is all your aiming for - nothing fine </div><div><br>To get fine texture on your msn file the texture that u will be using to put on this model needs to be turned into a 3D object</div><div>your gonna need to study lol

</div><div><br></div><div>i can do it for you cause i cant write a book on here </div><div>once i have converted the texture into a 3d object u will need to overlay that on your msn file you have created with the basic features like what i said -- eyes, mouth, ears, cheeks, veins..</div><div> </div><div>let me know if thats what u would like to do.</div>

r3320ca,

Sorry I missed your post. Thanks for your reply. I'm fine with creating tangent normal maps, but I'm pretty lost as far as msns go. I took the original skyrim malehead.nif and turned it into an .obj making sure to merge the double verts on the seams and brought it into zbrush, where I was starting to create a highpoly version for the normals. What I'm trying to achieve is a very scarred and leathery body texture for the custom race npc. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Also, if you know of any good tutorials dealing with msns I would love to read them.