Skyrim Special Edition CTD on main menu after steam update and SSE update

darkeradicator36

My game crashes to desktop on the main menu after launch

Last month when Steam stealth updated skyrim and made SKSE dead for some time, i decided to roll back the update while the SKSE was working on their update for the new version of skyrim SE, it worked and i was able to play with no problems.

Now i saw that SKSE updated to work with the new version of Skyrim SE, i had to manually update Skyrim (since steam wasnt doing it this time) using the Steam database and then update SKSE and all my mods that updated for the new version of SSE as well.

I followed the guides and afaik it shouldve been done correctly and im confident in it, but really the only answer is that something went wrong along the way and im not sure what.

Are there any solutions that have worked in the past to fix something like this?

Edited by darkeradicator36

Are there any solutions that have worked in the past to fix something like this?

Yes, there is a solution. Have patience with the SKSE team as they will do what it takes to make a new SKSE64 version available as soon as possible.

Your issue with the sneaky updates for SSE aren't new and a lot of people often face the same issue as you have, but most people know that the SKSE team always do what they can to update SKSE64 and sometimes it can take another day or two.