Sins of the Solar Empire

Dyflinn432

Yea expect 6 hours on some of the medium maps. Though the largest map made which had 255 systems with 255 planets/(points of intrest) in each system never actually finished. Sins is effectively a 4x Lite game, though enjoyable I do wish more had gone into it. Now if you just looking for something along the lines of RTS Homeword and Homeworld 2 are quite good. Homeworld 2 is pretty old by gaming standards and is pretty fun but I think that game is really brought out by the total conversion Homeworld 2 Complex (current build version 8.2.3) by bringing in some of the 4x element making some games last up to 3 hours. Though these games do start off slow the battles get larger and more epic later in the game.

I did download the Homeworld 2 demo but i did not play it for long, i just didn't get the felling it was going to be big battles and i didn't like that you don't manage an empire

... perhaps i didn't give it a valid chance (as it is considered by many as one of the best games ever made i might give it another shot later after a moon landing in KSP :D)

The Demo only had a lot of units removed like the Heavy/Battle Cruiser or Destroyers. However, you don't control a massive empire as its an rts game not a 4x. Complex on the other hand really expands out on it by adding new research, and ships which will likely alter game play for a lot of people. Currently their working on version 9 which seems to upgrade the UI and maybe even the game engine.

*edit seems Images are not allowed here the mod can be found on moddb.com *

Edited by Gracinfields