Help me get rid of a body....

iAreTehDoc

As I moved into my new home Pinewood Cottage, one of the rather disturbing neighbours awaited me at my doorstep. Since that neighbour was a bandit, she immediately startet to assault me. As i fended her a attack off, I found myself in the situation of having a dead bandit lying right in front of my new home. Not a very pleasing sight as i can assure you, but yet i thougt, once stripped of all her worldly belongings the body might disappear after a while. So she became a naked bandit lying dead two steps away from my front porch... As time passed by that buck naked brigand kept lying there and scared off my companions - the rarely came to visit - and as i grew lonely i decided to drag that corpse into the nearby creek and watched it float away for a moment, only to see it being washed up on the side of the neaby pond...

Though the stiff one might no longer be seen while sitting on the the porch, or by an unsuspicious visitor, I know, that the body is still there, and as i lie down to sleep in some of those nights wich appear to be darker than the others, I belive to hear what seems to bee splashy footsteps, a faint scratching at my door and a vague whispering from outside...

... But enugh with the crazy talk. I got that dead NPC lying around and it bugs me, so if any of you knows a way to get rid of it (maybe a console command...?) please tell me, I would be very grateful.

Anyways, I did not know where else to put this, since i am new to this forum, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place and move it to where ever you might see it fit.

Edited by iAreTehDoc

"Though the stiff one might no longer be seen while sitting on the the porch, or by an unsuspicious visitor, I know, that the body is still there, and as i lie down to sleep in some of those nights wich appear to be darker than the others, I belive to hear what seems to bee splashy footsteps, a faint scratching at my door and a vague whispering from outside..."

Wow! Now that is creepy!

iAreTehDoc, hi, Pinewood Cottage is one of the nicer simpler player home mods around.

That region between Falkreath Hold, Helgen/Riverwood and Lake Ilinalta has a lot of bandit activity; but,

that dead body should have been cleared/respawned by the default game engine timer within

1-day and no more than 31-days, so i don't know what's up with that.

Have you waited 31 in-game days?

Are you sure this was just some random bandit or a named NPC?

From what i remember, Bandits in that area are usually part of larger gangs and are scripted to attack as a group

protecting their territory which might explain why that body isn't cleared, i'm not sure.

I guess if it really bothers you (lol) you can go over to the pond, launch console, target the bandit body with your mouse, and

use console command (be ready to run or teleport away):

RESURRECT <enter> ; NPC gets up & respawns scripted items (using 'resurrect 1' equips as they are).

or these:

DISABLE <enter> then MARKFORDELETE <enter> ; (i wouldn't use this if you can help it) permanently deletes instantly or after location refresh.

Edited by xlcr

I choose Pinewood Cottage because it seemed fit to my ranger. Small, down to earth and well - in the woods ^^

I am sure I waited more than a day, maybe two or three, 31 days definately not, the whole saavegame is not that advanced.

Anyways, I remembered that thing about needing to be in 1st person view wihle doing console-commands, tried that again aaaaaaaaaannnd... look at that, it worked, i managed to "disable" that bandit and "(00000014) will no longer keep me awake.

Thank you all for your help, I did not expect so fast answers.