ValueError String too long

Andytarz

So I've been trying to mod the lighting inside the laser musket in Fallout 4 where you see the charge and numerous tutorials lead me to try and use blender 2.49b 32-bit.

However what I had to end up searching extra for were the following programs (in order):

Python 2.6.6 32-bit

Blender 2.49b 32-bit (obviously)

PYFFI 2.1.9 (tried 2.1.11 as well) 32-bit

Blender NIF scripts 2.5.9

I would also need to note that although I use a 64-bit computer, I have tried the previous programs in the 64-bit versions and they either didn't help or I ran into the issue where they didn't have compatible NIF scripts for the 2.79c/ upgraded versions of blender.

When I opened blender 2.49b 32-bit, the NIF scripts were installed and I saw the import/export option, but when I navigated to find the NIF with the laser musket, it displayed the following:

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.9 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.9)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1235, in gui_button_event
self.gui_exit()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1598, in gui_exit
self.callback(**self.config)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 3771, in config_callback
importer = NifImport(**config)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 170, in __init__
data.inspect(niffile)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 1286, in inspect
self.header.read(stream, data=self)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\struct_.py", line 354, in read
attr_value.read(stream, data)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\array.py", line 300, in read
elem.read(stream, data)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\common.py", line 691, in read
% (length, stream.tell()))
ValueError: string too long (0x00010000 at 0x0000003A)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've also tried just using only NIFskope 2.0.0 Pre-alpha 6 because I just couldn't get blender to open up and I tried to get rid of this hidden light source in the LaserMusket.nif by deleting the branch BSEffectShaderProperty and NiPointLight. I've also tried changing both in color, but when I change the color nothing happens, and when I delete the light sources and put it in the correct directory:

D:Steam/SteamApps/common/Fallout 4/Data/Meshes/Weapons/LaserMusket

My game crashes.

I've also tried changing the user version from 12 to 11 and user version 2 from 130 to 34 to try to turn it into fallout 3 format (and make the changes before saving)

and I still get the same results.

Edited by Andytarz