As of 2019, what is the best way to import/create/export custom meshes for Fallout 4?

Neil187

I donât know how it happened that the official plugins had the least number of tutorials and manuals, and why all the animators sat down in 2015 max with niftools and "secretly" transmitted htc2014, where they have nothing but animation of bones for f*#@ing. copy something into nifskop instead of just doing what they want in max, where they can clearly see what they are doing and can do hundreds of times more than in nifskop.It just pisses me off because I I can't find any tutorials on what works really well, but there are tutorials for things that I don't know what they are for.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for that? $ 1700,- a year for 3DS Max, $ 0,- for Blender, Nifskope & outfitstudio.

Although its probably much easier using 3DS, most will likely try to avoid the price tag, as well as resorting to software piracy. ( I do)

Edited by RoNin1971

The reason for that? $ 1700,- a year for 3DS Max, $ 0,- for Blender, Nifskope & outfitstudio.

Although its probably much easier using 3DS, most will likely try to avoid the price tag, as well as resorting to software piracy. ( I do)

You can't buy 3DSMAX 2013 any more. Nowhere.

Soooooo ..... :pirate:

In general, all ordinary users pirate. Absolutely everyone, although many will pretend to be saints in public, they will pirate in secret. Only those who professionally work with max, who need it for work, do not pirate. No nutcase will pay money for an outdated product that he needs for one single plugin package. For which he will not even be able to find manuals describing their tools. )But if so, then from the point of view of civil liability, it does not matter which version of the max man stole. I would have stolen 2013 - it was good for everyone. They steal 2015-2016 only because the first animators who made rigs and prepared packages and manuals did it exactly for 2015-2016 with niftools and htc2014. Just because. It's like the first anthropoid apes copied digging sticks, without thinking about the form and purpose. They just imitated. Edited by South8028

You don't buy software, or a version. You pay for the license to use it.

Just like you can still get the software (doesn't matter how), you can still register it. As I've said before.

If you choose not to register, but apply a crack to circumvent the protection, thats "not allowed" .

Not saying you shouldn't, you're choice. Neither am I saying I'm against it. Hell I used 3D Studio since R2 (! the '90's DOS version, yes). I'm just trying to do with open source nowadays :cool:

... but for (video) tutorials there is the extra catch of making money on it. Which makes it a lot more tricky and that might be a huge reason for their absence.

Â

Â

You don't buy software, or a version. You pay for the license to use it.

Just like you can still get the software (doesn't matter how), you can still register it. As I've said before.

If you choose not to register, but apply a crack to circumvent the protection, thats "not allowed" .

Â

Not saying you shouldn't, you're choice. Neither am I saying I'm against it. Hell I used 3D Studio since R2 (! the '90's DOS version, yes). I'm just trying to do with open source nowadays :cool:

Â

... but for (video) tutorials there is the extra catch of making money on it. Which makes it a lot more tricky and that might be a huge reason for their absence.

People buy only what is their livelihood, the income for which they systematically work. If a person does not work professionally with 3D, he does not plan any income from this, and in general he needs a max to kill time after work, importing models of shabby sofas and f*#@ing bones on them (like 90% of fo4 animators). Why the hell should he have a conscience? He has no conscience. )

Back in the "old days" you could buy software (literally a disk with the software on it that you physically bought in a physical store) and you could then have it and use it forever!

The good old times ....

It has always been, how it is today. The only difference is the amount of 'lifetime licenses' vs 'yearly fee'. ACAD & 3DS for example, used dongles and a fee since the beginning (that's the 80's/90's)

Even then you did not actually buy the software and disc. You bought a license and got those along with it. Together with a printed manual.

But at least it felt as if you physically bought a product. [edit: with the added bonus of being able to physically throw the program out the window ;) ]

The distinction here, although not relevant to the average user for whom there is no noticeable difference, is mostly a legal issue.

Possessing the software's installation version without paying for it isn't illegal. Neither is distributing it, unless prohibited by the author (hardly happens)

Using it without a license and/or altering the code by applying a crack is where it becomes illegal.

This is something they already came up with at the very beginning of 'software' as a product. As there is no physical product at all, just an electronic copy. Which can be multiplied effortless. Something completely different from regular industry & trade (at the time).

Edited by RoNin1971