Fallout New Vegas DLC auto checking it self in the GECK.

mojodajojo

It's those damn NAM files. 'CaravanPack.nam' or whatever. I had the same thing happen to me. I looked in the GECK prefs and there is nothing obvious I could see to stop the auto check done by the game and the GECK when esp's/esm's load. I resorted to making a new folder and just dragging the nam's to it and then putting them back when I'm ready to play.

Someone who MIGHT know a real fix is CG!. He's a coder...and all that jazz.

It's those damn NAM files. 'CaravanPack.nam' or whatever. I had the same thing happen to me. I looked in the GECK prefs and there is nothing obvious I could see to stop the auto check done by the game and the GECK when esp's/esm's load. I resorted to making a new folder and just dragging the nam's to it and then putting them back when I'm ready to play.

Ah, well thanks for sharing what you know :) Drives me nuts unchecking those things over and over and over

Ah, well thanks for sharing what you know :) Drives me nuts unchecking those things over and over and over

You can just delete the .nam files all they do is to make sure that the DLC always load when you start the game. If your using a mod manager you don't even need the. There just a pain.

Sweet, thanks.

Edit: Oh, and kudos given :)

No problem! I had the same issue and, it was driving me nuts!!!! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif

Edit, Watch out sometimes steam will sneak them back in to your game if you accidentally use the launcher. I always start my game with NVSE to avoid the launcher re-downloading files like .ini's and .nam.

Edited by chucksteel