ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Total Group Carry Weight

SeanNorm

Okay, so your adventuring through the snowy tundra that is Skyrim, brutally murdering bandit clans and slaying Dragons and everything in between! You find your self in the middle of a Dwemer ruin when you stumble upon a, only god knows how old, treasure room. As you make your way past the all to obvious signs of traps and start looting anything and everything of value. Suddenly, after placing a somehow still shiny Dwemer Helm into your pocket you find that your unable to run, intead you must drag your over-encumbered Body to the nearest Follower and load them up of with all your new shiny 'Burdens' before turning around and making another loot run through the treasure room.

Do you find this annoying? I do. My Idea is as follows; A Group Carry Capacity!

Now I'm not sure if this has been done, and if so, I'd really like to find it! If not, then I was wondering if it would be possible for some super awesome modder to possible make it? :D

Basically the players carry weight would be that of their own in addition to the sum of their Followers. Say, an extra 250 or 300 Weight Capacity is added to your total for every Humanoid follower and an extra 1000 if you happen to own a horse! This way one can loot and pillage to your hearts desire without having to cart your stuff back to your followers without really knowing how much more they can carry, it'll mean more time actually playing, looting and slaying rather than managing ones inventory and that of their followers in a way that keeps the immersion and realism without simply player.addav strength (or carry weight, I forget which) 100000.

Now I realise that I could very easily just open the console and add to my carry weight everytime a follower joins me but not everyone knows how to do this, and its (only a little bit) immersion breaking to have to open up the console!

Anyway, I'm not much good at modding short of editing the base stats of Items. I'd very much like to learn more but am unable to due to real life constrains =/

I'm not even sure that this could be done, but if someone who knows a bit about modding see's this and, if I'm lucky, has a crack at it, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Sean