Spell Cost Reduction Help Please!

WaywardDovahkiin73

I'd like to Enchant a ring with Fortify Destruction/Restoration, a Necklace with Fortify Conjuration/Alteration and a Chestpiece with Fortify Illusion. With Grand Souls, 100 enchanting and all perks, the best they can do is 25% spell cost reduction. I was thinking I could use Fortify Enchanting potions and Fortify Alchemy gear in a loop to boost this effect to 100% all. Am I wasting my time or will this work?

I'd like to Enchant a ring with Fortify Destruction/Restoration, a Necklace with Fortify Conjuration/Alteration and a Chestpiece with Fortify Illusion. With Grand Souls, 100 enchanting and all perks, the best they can do is 25% spell cost reduction. I was thinking I could use Fortify Enchanting potions and Fortify Alchemy gear in a loop to boost this effect to 100% all. Am I wasting my time or will this work?

First of all, hi :)

I think as you may know the max for non vampiric characters alchemy gear (hood, hands, ring, necklace) is 29%, for vampires it can be 31%, same for smithing gear.

So the max non vampiric enchanting potions are 32%, the max vampiric are 38%. Non vamp smithing is 130%, vamp is 158%.

you will never reach the 100%, highest non vamp reduction cost is 29%, vamp is 31%.

There are also alchemy and enchanting guides on youtube.

maybe check them out! :)

Edited by korrumpiert

I think as you may know the max for non vampiric characters alchemy gear (hood, hands, ring, necklace) is 29%, for vampires it can be 31%, same for smithing gear.

So the max non vampiric enchanting potions are 32%, the max vampiric are 38%. Non vamp smithing is 130%, vamp is 158%.

you will never reach the 100%, highest non vamp reduction cost is 29%, vamp is 31%.

Vampire or not. It's still the fortify restoration exploit.

No Duke, it isn't the Fortify Restoration Exploit. That never works for me. Besides, I like to switch equipment sets now and then, and that would be really inconvenient with the Fortify Restoration Exploit.

Korrumpiert, thanks so much for responding with concise, clear, definitive information. I've decided that for my character, (balanced between all three archetypes) I'm going to enchant a ring, necklace, robes and hood each with the 25% Fortify Destruction/Restoration, making those cost nothing. My Magicka will be dedicated to Alteration (I never use Conjuration/Illusion with this character) and swap equipment sets between heavy and light armors when the need arises. Thanks for all your help!

Vampire or not. It's still the fortify restoration exploit.

EDIT'ed.

I dont use that restoration exploid... only the necromage perk, enchanting and alchemy...

Edited by korrumpiert

No Duke, it isn't the Fortify Restoration Exploit. That never works for me. Besides, I like to switch equipment sets now and then, and that would be really inconvenient with the Fortify Restoration Exploit.

Korrumpiert, thanks so much for responding with concise, clear, definitive information. I've decided that for my character, (balanced between all three archetypes) I'm going to enchant a ring, necklace, robes and hood each with the 25% Fortify Destruction/Restoration, making those cost nothing. My Magicka will be dedicated to Alteration (I never use Conjuration/Illusion with this character) and swap equipment sets between heavy and light armors when the need arises. Thanks for all your help!

No problem! :)

I'll allways help if I can :)

But as I told you, you can enchant with 29% or 31% ;)

So better do this :)

Necromage as a vampire has the same effect as drinking one of each fortify magic school potion with a low magnetude. I don't think fortify restoration was ever meant to increase your alchemy potential nor the necromage being an advantage for yourself. The legal limit is 29% for enchanting (for 8% base magnetude effects at least). Alchemy shouldn't even be in a magic school in the first place. They never bothered to fix it and it still works (patch 1.7)

@WaywardDovahkiin73 if you get yourself some fortify alchemy gear (29%) you could use 3x fortify destruction/restoration and 1 piece with 2x [magic school/magicka regen]. This way you could help the other schools of magic with some magicka regen and still have above 100% in 2 schools of magic but this requires some heavy investment in alchemy and enchanting.

Necromage as a vampire has the same effect as drinking one of each fortify magic school potion with a low magnetude. I don't think fortify restoration was ever meant to increase your alchemy potential nor the necromage being an advantage for yourself. The legal limit is 29% for enchanting (for 8% base magnetude effects at least). Alchemy shouldn't even be in a magic school in the first place. They never bothered to fix it and it still works (patch 1.7)

For me it clearly looks legit that "magic effects" caused by potions are increased as well when being undead thanks to necro mage... just say'in. :thumbsup:

For me it clearly looks legit that "magic effects" caused by potions are increased as well when being undead thanks to necro mage... just say'in. :thumbsup:

In that case a weapon with 200 million damage is totally legit as well. I mean it's just fortify restoration stacking with alchemical effects. It's like there was a fortify enchanting enchantment and you could do it endlessly until you hit the cap of a 32bit variable. It's clearly not legit, and Necromage says: All spells are more effective against undead. It's an implementation that hasn't been properly thought through.