I can't make any items I add to a cell respawn

Andytarz

So I've been playing around with the creation kit lately and i'm trying to add scrappable respawning items to a cell (Drumlin Diner for example) by dragging and dropping from an object window and placing them in the cell. I want to do this without placing them in a container though, cause it just ruins the immersion for me. However, when i do that and then scrap the items in my workshop they disappear and they never respawn again even after 30 days.

I did this with aluminum cans for example and the original ones were able to respawn, but the ones I added to the cell did not. I even resorted to giving each individual can it's own name and form but i still experience scrapping the item only to have the ones i added never respawn again.

Made sure the respawn box was ticked also. Made sure the encounter zone "never reset" was unticked as well. I tried giving the cans I added (in addition to the originally placed cans) each their own encounter zone, and saved the esp, and that didn't work because when i went through scrapping them again when i went back to creation kit i clicked on the added cans and the encounter zone i set them to (which was drumlin diner, that's where I added the new cans with the originals) was set to none for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.