Modding help - Powers

hannah92

I want to make a few of the powers usable more than once a day, the powers are a few modded spells that I am placing in a mod I am making. I get them working in the game but I dont know how to make them usable more than once a day.

I make them lesser powers and they just appear in grey text and unelectable in the powers section. So if you could also tell me how to sort this problem out that would be great.

Turning them into spells makes them completely unusable as they dont appear in my hands when I select the spell, they are equipped but aren't usable.

If anyone can tell how to get my spell working with with either the Power or Lesser Power method I would be gratefull! Thanks :)

Set them to be lesser powers instead of powers. Also then, set them to equip to the voice slot instead of hands.

And probably be sure you have a clean save for testing, not sure what happens if you change something from being a power to a lesser power when it's on cooldown/you already have it in a save, may cause issues.

There are at least a couple different ways to handle this; off the top of my head:

1. Set a separate cooldown magic effect with duration of what you want and bind the cooldown condition to you (lesser) power
  2. Bind a script to the power's magic effect that enforces the cooldown through variables measured against gametime or other timer you choose

Using either approach, you can show some sort of notification to the player relating to attempts to use the power while in cooldown, etc.