[Help Needed] Having major issues with my modded Oblivion saves and loading them.

Dronery

[update] I figured out the issue and I'll write what it was and how I fixed it if anyone has a similar issue in the future. MenuQue ended up having an issue with loading an old save made by another install of the game. So loading those old saved caused a CTD even though it didn't make much sense for it to. I fixed it by creating a clean save after the old one without MenuQue installed, then installing it after along with any mod that relied on it. The game works now and that seemed to be the issue with loading saves, hopefully if anyone has similar issues they see this.

I started having issues with one of my mods on my previous installation of Oblivion, the game folder was a mess and my game crashed whenever I would equip the crusader's helmet. So I decided to reinstall Oblivion then reinstall the mods. I can make a new game save perfectly fine however any save I attempt to load from the previous installation crashes to desktop instantly. I was nearing end game and honestly pretty ill at myself for not backing up the game folder before doing this but now I'm looking at restarting the game after I'm this far in. Which honestly I don't feel like spending that much time again just to be back where I was.

I've already attempted a method I thought might work of reordering the mod list in the load order wrye bash says the save file had it in but I still got error messages in it, it would allow me to click yes on loading a save where it would previously crash but now it would tell me contents may be missing then crash. Nothing I've tried so far is working.

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, I can provide screenshots if needed or other information that might be helpful about it. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place I don't use forums at all really.

Edited by Dronery

Do you use MessageLogger? It might give you useful informations. You should better use LOOT or BOSS to sort your load order.

I don't use messagelogger but I'll definitely look into it, I also do use loot already. I started installing the mods one by one and launching the game to see if I could load the game saves I couldn't before. The game crashes using menuque when loading an old save but I can start a new game. I think my next step is to download all the other mods, save a game without menque installed then install it so it isn't trying to load a previous save with it installed. It's been loading my old saves otherwise. If that's the issue I'll post an edit or something so if anyone else has a similar issue they can see it. Thanks for the reply nonetheless.