Need help with combining meshes in Nifskope

I'm a nifskope beginner, so I've been scouring tutorials for an answer to my problem, but I can't seem to figure it out - perhaps someone can help me.

I'm trying to mashup two meshes in order to change the "hairstyle" that is combined into the model of a hood. I'm working from two already existing mods (Hunting Grounds Outfit and KS Hairdos). The meshes both load up fine in nifskope. However, when I try to copy the branch of the hairstyle I want to use over to the hood mesh, I get the error "Could not insert NiBlock" and under details it just says "unknown block".

I have tried following the information from several tutorials to clean up the naming of the structure, clean up the skeleton root info, etc. but nothing seems to work, and I don't know what is wrong. (This thread seemed the most similar to my problem but the fix isn't working for me https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3trpcq/combining_meshs_in_nifscope_where_i_went_wrong).

Any insights into what I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot of my two meshes loaded up in nifskope:

8D4dcVF.png

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Nimiar

• 2 weeks later...

I successfully merged some books to make a stack. Looked beautiful in nifskope...

Immediate crash in the CK :(

Forget what tut I used.. After as much time as i epent, i gave up for now...