Stiff, Headless Enemies, Anyone Else?

Kodiak412

Yesterday i did not encounter any bugged npc or creature.

Today i did get for the first time frostbite spider no animation sliding and no loot.

Take into consideration im not playing much 2-3 hours a day.

Tomorrow i will do some testing i got one or two idea (but don't hope for fix).

Im suprised more people are not complaining about this...

EDIT:

Kodiak i hope you got more luck than me well today i entered Alftand almost all enemies are bugged i lost all willpower to play this game...

Also i can't find a bloody patern examle one Cave Bear/Falmer etc is fine while other one is bugged why? they use same animations & ai this don't make any bloody sense :(

I did read this happens on games that were not started with Dawnguard + 1.7 in my case i did upgrade from 1.6 so question did you too?

Seriously if anyone has any kind of idea/theory/fix please share it.

Edited by gregor_y

I just shot you a PM.

I too am shocked that more people are not having this issue, or are not reporting or complaining about it. It does suck when it happens.

I get the same thing you report too. 4 bandits and maybe one or two have the issue if any of them do. I also had it with dwarven spiders and a guardian. Luckily had just made a hard save right before I opened the door so after about 3 reloads I finally did get them both to animate properly.

Look at the PM as I did download something for Skyrim from steam today. Was it an update, I do not know but I hope it was a bug fix to solve this.

Well I have been playing for about 3 hours tonight and I did not get the stiff headless bandits but I did get something else. 2 bandits were naked and frozen to the spot where they were standing. They would turn hostile but could not move from their position. When I would kill them, in normal fashion, they would go into this "boxing, unarmed" position and stay that way.

I could then search them as you could any other dead body, but they were standing up in the boxing position. I took some pictures as it was funny looking, but I hope that was just a weird event. I wonder if they ran some update today to fix some bugs and the update changed the stiff headless missing animations to this strange animation.

In act of rage i uninstalled delated everything skyrim,saves,ini's,mod's. 20$ is 20$ i will finish this damn addon even if i need to play it vanilla...

Kodiak i got theory save games got bugged becouse we used mod like Monster Mod,Skyrim Wars,Warzones,ASIS it's caused by mods editing leveled list and only way to fix it is starting new game since info is stored in save game i quess that's correct since i waited 31 indoor location with no mods and no fix.

Good luck to you Kodiak i hope you can resolve this in better way than me starting new game :(

Edited by gregor_y

I am really shocked more people do not have this happen.

You know how it's going they might not have this issue but they prodobly have others.

Any way from info i gathered this can happen becouse you upgrade,remove or replace mods that change leveled list so best pick your mods and play with them from new game to end.

Im testing this theory by plyaing with SkyRE mod looks interesting game play is more hardcore.

Edited by gregor_y

• 3 weeks later...
Same thing here ! In my case, vampires and falmers are affected, particularly at these locations: Raldbthar, Haemar's Shame, Cronvangr Cave and some other locations. I'm using no mods, all I have is : Dawnguard + HD textures. Most of the time falmers are sliding around and bugged vampires are headless, naked with no animation. Sometimes reloading partially solve the problem, atleast for the famers, vampires can retrieve their correct animation but they stay naked. Using "disable" "enable" command also solve the issue for each npc. This bug is very frustrating because enemies affected don't fight, they're just hovering around... I think this glitch happens when starting a new game with Dawnguard installed, I didn't experience this issue during my first playthrough.

• 1 year later...