What was the hardest quest in vanilla Oblivion?

UnholyShadow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm the last MQ quest if you try and take down Dagon

The fact that you tried to take him down says it all don't it? :P

For me it's during the MQ when you go through the Leyawiin oblivion gate and have to protect that stupid dark elf (or is it the Cheydinhal one?). The result is always; Me giving the count a bloodied ring while wearing his son's armour (I don't usually go too far in the MQ and the last time I did, I was a low level and needed armour)

Last of the Thieves Guild quests. Too much skulking, not enough killing.

You expected killing during the thieves guild?

Even the morrowind thieves guild doesn't allow it.

Go for the Dark Brotherhood if you want an even amount of skulking and killing

hmm the last MQ quest if you try and take down Dagon

The fact that you tried to take him down says it all don't it? :P

For me it's during the MQ when you go through the Leyawiin oblivion gate and have to protect that stupid dark elf (or is it the Cheydinhal one?). The result is always; Me giving the count a bloodied ring while wearing his son's armour (I don't usually go too far in the MQ and the last time I did, I was a low level and needed armour)

Last of the Thieves Guild quests. Too much skulking, not enough killing.

You expected killing during the thieves guild?

Even the morrowind thieves guild doesn't allow it.

Go for the Dark Brotherhood if you want an even amount of skulking and killing

Well I can deal better with sneaking and being able to eliminate obsticles as opposed to sneaking around them. It's a lot easier with Chemelian enchants on all your stuff though.

For me was keeping Martin alive during the fight for Bruma quest. OMG that guy had a suicide mission. I had to redo that stupid battle about 20 times! Plus there was all the inevitable 'friendly' kills that i did during the general chaos of everyone madly waving swords elbow to elbow.

When I arrived at the imperial city with Martin in his royal splender, a guard rushed up to me and arrested me for all the 'murders' I'd committed keeping Martin alive. I had to go to jail with Martin in tow before I could save the world. :rolleyes:

Battle For Bruma

Martin kept dieing on me, and I paniced as soon as I saw the seige engine. So I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Yes the Battle for Bruma was extremely difficult and gave you a good sence of accomplishment and pride(as much as you can get from a video game... not a lot in my opinion.). It was the game's defining moment, especially when you saw the seige engine start rolling, and the impressive fireball display when inside the gate. When you finally closed the gate, it definately would merit a sigh of relief. 15 minutes to close down the gate (if i remember correctly)? Those where the shortest 15 minutes of your life when you were playing a video game. Kudos to Bethesda on the Battle for Bruma, it was difficult and well worth the effort.

It was strange that it was the only timed quest in the game.

Most of them were along the lines of;

"If you don't die and get to the location you get there in time anyway"

...or don't get there in time as with some quests

It would have been more fun to have 15 minutes to get to a high place and time it right to jump onto the seige engine, get inside, kill some dremora and then destroy the engine from the inside while trying to get out before it blows.

Then you would have as much time as you like to close the gate.

• 4 weeks later...