Endorsements

Brandy1123

It's just like everything else which should be shown appreciation for. Many people just don't even have the thought cross their mind to show appreciation for something. Real life or online alike. It's very much a widespread trend to "get it and go", and really, we're all guilty of it for something if you think long enough. Even if you download a wallpaper off DeviantArt for example, theoretically you should drop a thanks in the comments, but how many of us do? On the less negative side, as has been said, it is easy to forget to say thanks for something. Life can be so fast paced and distracting it just happens, unfortunately.

Granted, not everyone will like the mod, and that's entirely understandable and fine. But when 100 people endorse out of 100,000 downloads, yeah, situations like that aren't just some users not liking the mod while some other users forget.

On the ideas discussed here otherwise, I totally agree with a larger endorse button. Or some sort of way to draw attention to it. The notification system could work but the one thing that comes to my mind is annoyance. I may love many mods and want to endorse them, but just because between playing said mods and real life I haven't had the chance to do so yet, I end up having a steady stream of endorsement notifications, or have my entire notification area backed up with them haha So, I'd appreciate it on one hand, for the simple fact it reminds me, but it might be better if say... once every 2 weeks or so you get one which says "Hey user, you've downloaded the following mods in the past 2 weeks. Please endorse them if you enjoyed them. *List of mods*" and then in the next 2 weeks, you'll have the ones left you didn't endorse, just in case you missed them, and the new ones. The next notification will not include the first 2 weeks, then rinse and repeat.

Sorry if that was said, I didn't see it if so. Just seen the notification suggestions.

I like the idea of some sort of automated reminder, maybe something like ebay's little star beside a transaction entry that stays faded until you leave feedback and it fills in. I try to remember to endorse the mods I like, and I think I cover the vast majority of 'em but, yeah, every once in a while I forget.

I uploaded my first mod recently (admittedly, a rather simple little thing) and, well, yeah, it does make me feel kinda good when I get an endorsement (all 3 times! :tongue:). So I try especially hard now to remember to endorse. Especially where it's obvious that someone's put in the big effort. If in fact the modder doesn't put much stock in that kind of feedback, well, better too much than not enough kinda thing.

A lot of good ideas here.

I like the one about the one about having the endorse function in NMM. It could be in the Mods tab as an extra column and stay greyed until endorsement.

Having this in NMM would simplify the procedure and would aloow you to have an immediate overview of the situation.

I also like the idea of endorsing the updates (a separate column?)