Neverwinter Nights 2

Cynster

everything! its everything I could ask for in a computerized DND now I never thought it too buggy...i mean bad things never happned to me. everyone complains but I never have problems...I guess im just careful..

Actually, in this particular case I'de venture a guess that you're more lucky than anything else. Not sayin' you aren't careful, but just bein' careful isn't enough to get this game to run smoothly. Heck, havin' a PC twice as good as the recommended system specs won't cut it either. Seriously, I have a 3Ghz dual core processor with 4 gigs of RAM and a 512 MB PCI-E video card, and the framerate STILL chugs on minimal settings. Viruses aren't a factor since the computer in question isn't even connected to the Interwebz, and the game was put on a harddrive with a fresh install of XP Pro w\SP2, so video driver conflicts, fragmented files, and a whole host of other things weren't factors either. And NWN2 is the ONLY game i've ever seen whos patches break every bit as much as they fix. Wish I had some of your really good luck.

everything! its everything I could ask for in a computerized DND now I never thought it too buggy...i mean bad things never happned to me. everyone complains but I never have problems...I guess im just careful..

Actually, in this particular case I'de venture a guess that you're more lucky than anything else. Not sayin' you aren't careful, but just bein' careful isn't enough to get this game to run smoothly. Heck, havin' a PC twice as good as the recommended system specs won't cut it either. Seriously, I have a 3Ghz dual core processor with 4 gigs of RAM and a 512 MB PCI-E video card, and the framerate STILL chugs on minimal settings. Viruses aren't a factor since the computer in question isn't even connected to the Interwebz, and the game was put on a harddrive with a fresh install of XP Pro w\SP2, so video driver conflicts, fragmented files, and a whole host of other things weren't factors either. And NWN2 is the ONLY game i've ever seen whos patches break every bit as much as they fix. Wish I had some of your really good luck.

I run NWN at almost its bare minimum very rarley do I have problems with NWN2...my computer isnt the best I mean I can barley play fallout with medium textures. im running a virus scan right now and I might have to go to low texture size =(. Ive always been known for being very lucky even outside of games. I think its that people dont know that these are based off of Dungeons and Dragons rules so they maybe calculating effects that they think SHOULD happen such as saying "oooh if I play a drow for spell resistence and add monk class I can get DOUBLE THE SPELL RESISTENCE!!!"

that doesent work cause it doesent stack. I really HATE the manual for the game cause it doesent explain things like that. I guess when you buy it you should have some background knowledge of Dungeons and Dragons as well as its rule books.

• 1 month later...
Replying to topic. I would say NWN2 was worst game, but Witcher surpassed it with better graphics and game play. Considering it used the Aurora Engine and had such a good quality, it makes me wonder why NWN 2 engine turned out so power hungry and ugly at sometimes.

I vehemently hate the latest expansion, but to say the rest of it was overly buggy or poor in performance (after proper patching) is ridiculous.

I didnt like the new expansion either. as for everyones bug problems. I dont see how you people have bug problems. you guys must be doing something different. Are you guys sure your getting exact system requirements because I rarley have trouble with neverwinter as a matter of fact I have gotten more bug problems in FO3 than in NWN2 and as for the witcher. First time I tried loading the game it crashed. never has that happened to me with any game either.

Archived