WIP: Ethereal Elven Overhaul

nuska

I haven't gotten to even see snow elves ingame yet so I have no idea how drastic the required measures will be to modify them. It should certainly be possible to make a separate add-on ESP of it, but if they use beards that's a big concern. They've turned out to be the biggest headache in making this mod. I'll need to experiment and see if I could hook them to use the head shape morph and beards of, say, High Elves, and just sculpt unique normal maps for them - see if they would also pick up the beards assigned to the morph race. That would relieve massive amounts of headaches for me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more concerned with players wanting to use beards on their own rather than ingame characters. :) My development policy is that whatever the player has access to has to be in a useable condition comparable to or better than what shipped with the game.

First test with High Elf males

http://i.imgur.com/qOX44.jpg

Normal needs adjusting and beards don't fit, but the skin and facial features are looking quite good. :)

As an aside - I'm getting increasing amounts of PMs from people asking me to release this or put a demo out, PLEASE STOP SENDING ME THESE MESSAGES. It's not going to make me finish this faster. It's really nice when people are enthusiastic to get to use my stuff but it's going to take the time it takes and I can't spend my every waking hour slaving away at it. What you're seeing here is just the best bits of what the current functional scope can reach. The customisation features aren't anywhere near complete yet.

http://i.imgur.com/Tmt0P.jpg

Skin details REALLY up close, shown with DIMON's UNP face texture and specular. Base install will have 1024x textures for performance, but I'll also be providing an optional 2048x normal map set that will look this clear. Great for intense screenshots, horrible for low to mid-grade machines.

I'm pretty happy with the way your males are looking so far Nuska! I'll admit to being a bit worried at first but now I'm sure all the elves are in very capable hands indeed. Thanks for all your hard work and I can't wait to see what you do with the Bosmeri men, poor guys got hit with the fugly stick pretty hard this time 'round :thumbsup:

If you're getting too much 'enthusiasm' through pm's you can turn those off in your profile or feel free to report any particularly unpleasant unwanted behavior to the staff here. I'm sure no one wants you to feel uncomfortable or rushed but in case you do there are options to try and make things more comfortable to you.

Wood elf blokes were actually the first I did. :)

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/675468-1345496477.jpg

Face textures and morphs are now in place for all males and females, I'm now working the beards into order to fit the new male heads and going back to tweak the facial feature morphs.