When was Serana locked away?

BrettM

Would have been a nice option.

The story of Bethesda's life. They give us trivial, pointless options just to be polarizing (Empire vs Stormcloaks) but lack actual choice when it comes to the outcome of missions. With the exception of a few Daedric quests, one mission for the Temple of Mara, and a handful of other tidbits (keeping some of the contract money from the Dark Brotherhood, for instance) 'Choice' is an illusion. In all TES games, really. I don't personally mind it that much, since the game is still about being a Hero (as opposed to Fallout's do your own thang approach) but it's something they have always tried to acheive, and never pulled off in a TES title. Even in Daggerfall, your choices are emphemeral.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story of Bethesda's life. They give us trivial, pointless options just to be polarizing (Empire vs Stormcloaks) but lack actual choice when it comes to the outcome of missions. With the exception of a few Daedric quests, one mission for the Temple of Mara, and a handful of other tidbits (keeping some of the contract money from the Dark Brotherhood, for instance) 'Choice' is an illusion. In all TES games, really. I don't personally mind it that much, since the game is still about being a Hero (as opposed to Fallout's do your own thang approach) but it's something they have always tried to acheive, and never pulled off in a TES title. Even in Daggerfall, your choices are emphemeral.

The problem is, if everybody do what they want, then how could Bethesda continue making other games.

If in Arena you would let Jagar Tharn live, then Dagerfall might not exist, and maybe no Morrorwind and so on.

If you kill Alduin, in the next game this will apear in books and etc.

If you don't, then they make a game in which Alduin returns.

So, since they're not going to do a TES VI in which you can choose wheter Alduin is dead or not, that's a problem

A good fix is to go back in time - in TES Online the events happen long before the main storyline in any game, so you will be able to have

MAJOR choises.

Also, I wish to note that Serana had, before imprisonement, about max 200 years of life. (Because she was imprisoned before the first empire and year 1000, First Era.)

I just think this is another of Bethesda's Easter Egg and conspiracies.

The problem is, if everybody do what they want, then how could Bethesda continue making other games.

If in Arena you would let Jagar Tharn live, then Dagerfall might not exist, and maybe no Morrorwind and so on.

If you kill Alduin, in the next game this will apear in books and etc.

If you don't, then they make a game in which Alduin returns.

So, since they're not going to do a TES VI in which you can choose wheter Alduin is dead or not, that's a problem

As i said, i don't really mind it, as i like having some direction in my games. That said, if they are going to do it that way, they shouldn't be advertising that you have a choice.

A good fix is to go back in time - in TES Online the events happen long before the main storyline in any game, so you will be able to have

MAJOR choises.

I was under the impression that TES Online takes place directly after the events in Skyrim, with the Emperor dead, another war brewing between the Domminion and the Empire, and an old terrible threat 'Rising' (i suspect the Sload have managed to bring their sunken city back to the surface).

Also, I wish to note that Serana had, before imprisonement, about max 200 years of life. (Because she was imprisoned before the first empire and year 1000, First Era.)

I'm not sure where you get the max 200, since we know the Return happened during the late Mereithic Era, rather than in the First Era. This means, potentially, that Serana could be a true blooded Atmoran rather than a Nord, if she were old enough.

I was under the impression that TES Online takes place directly after the events in Skyrim, with the Emperor dead, another war brewing between the Domminion and the Empire, and an old terrible threat 'Rising' (i suspect the Sload have managed to bring their sunken city back to the surface).

ESO takes place in 2E 583, and features a war between the Ebonhearts (Argonians, Dunmers and Nords) vs Aldmeris (Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiits) vs Daggerfalls (Bretons, Orcs and Redguards) over control of Cyrodiil. The climax of the game is an assault on the Imperial City, where the MVP is named the new emperor.

ESO takes place in 2E 583, and features a war between the Ebonhearts (Argonians, Dunmers and Nords) vs Aldmeris (Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiits) vs Daggerfalls (Bretons, Orcs and Redguards) over control of Cyrodiil. The climax of the game is an assault on the Imperial City, where the MVP is named the new emperor.

Argonians, Nords and Dunmer on the same team? What blathering idiot thought of THAT? Regardless i stand corrected about the timeline.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump up a one year old threat but is there actual evidence supporting that serana was born or imprisoned in the first era(1E 1000)?

Sorry to bump up a one year old threat but is there actual evidence supporting that serana was born or imprisoned in the first era(1E 1000)?

Concrete, no... However, she is quite surprised by the fact that there was an Empire of Cyrodiil. Since the first Cyrodiilic Empire was founded by Alessia in the early 1st Era, and the Nords were very much a part of it, that implies she was imprisoned before the Alessian revolt.

That said... Time worked strangely in the Merethic Era. There is also the possibility of her dating to the Dawn age, during the Ehlnofex Wars. If that's the case, there's all kinds of nonsense we could get into...

Anyway, because she is almost certainly pre-Alessian Empire, and probably not from the Dawn Era, that gives us about a 2700 year range she could fit into. Assuming she is of Nordic descent, she is likely dated to the last 1000 years of the Merethic Era.