Cure Disease Script

Allannaa

Let me start by saying I went through the official Bethesda tutorial on Papyrus.

It was absolutely no help at all. I don't understand any of it, and none of it seemed to apply to anything relevant to reality.

I've noticed that's the problem with "example tutorials" like that -- they take you through a process that actually applies ONLY to that process.

The "Hello World" series is cute and all that, but I don't want to make a bloody blooming rock talk to the player, I want to cure disease on the player.

I've been working on this all day -- and by all day I mean since 8am my time. (roughly 11 hours, with one break to fix dinner for the family and eat, and that doesn't include the time I spent yesterday trying to find a nice bear to germ me up for testing purposes).

I don't want to learn to write code. That's what game devs are for. All I want to do is attach a cure-disease "script" or "event" or wtf-ever, to an activator and have it WORK.

I followed the steps in the "Ridiculous Talking Rock" tutorial. To the damn letter. Yay fine, I can make a talking rock. What I cannot do is make a bathtub full of water cure diseases on the player.

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial that will help with THAT kind of thing, or, alternatively --

-- Does anyone feel like WRITING that small snippet of code?

Thanks!

Edit -- Problem solved.

Here's what I ultimately did --

In the edit window for the bathtub's marker, on the lower left of the window, is a drop-down for "Associated Spell". I looked through it until I found the ONLY "Cure Disease" spell in Skyrim -- "dunHallOfTheVigilantCureDisease".

In the middle column of this window -- the same place where I ticked the box for "IS MARKER", there is another dropdown for "Interaction keyword". I selected MagicAlchBeneficial.

(note, I'm not absolutely positive that's necessary, but it's what I did).

Now the bathtub cures disease!

Edited by Allannaa