CS CONSTRUCTION SET HELP

maggie69

I downloaded more servants mod and it works flawless, but when i open construction set and change the servants clothes to look like actual maids save and start the game the servants are wearing the original clothes, and construction set has created a duplicate of the npc. i have set the mod as both active and inactive file and it still does this what am i missing.

The active file, if assigning any, will be the file that is being edited at the moment. Any other files are files that will be loaded in addition to the active one. One does not have to set an active file, but:

• When not setting an active file, any changes will need to be saved as a new .esp file. That is, the changes only will be saved in the new .esp file.
  • When setting an active file, the saved file will have all the things there originalyl were in the file set as active, as well as any changes, saved in the .esp file.

Any other files loaded, but not marked as active, will be added as masters to the file that will be saved, and need to be loaded (before it) in the game. The original Construction Set has a limitation, though, that will not allow saving a file with .esp files as its masters. The easiest way around it is to use the Construction Set Extender by shademe. But if the more servants mod only has an .esm file as its master (for example, only Oblivion.esm), then you can also try setting the servants .esp file as the active file, make your changes, and save it over the original servants .esp file (after taking a backup of the original one) to avoid having to play around with the CSE (but if you are doing more changes, would be nice to use the CSE) and/or TES4Edit and Wrye Bash to work around the .esp master issue. But, it is worth a note, that the Construction Set has a tendency to make some extra edits or somesuch from time to time, so it would be reasonable to go through the saves .esp file wth something like TES4Edit to remove any erraneous edits, if needed.

As for the problem of two copies of them, I would imagine you have set the servants .esp file as the active file, and saved it with a different name, and have now both active in the game? But that is just a guess, as you mentioned there being two of them.

Hopefully that helps a bit, and hopefully someone else can help you more. :happy:

If the maids outfits are coming from a mod you have installed they will only appear in either an ESP you create or in your More Servants mod if you create new copies of those outfits in either your ESP or in the More Servants mod ESP (depending on which way you decide to go ... both will work when done correctly). When you create them you will get the CS dialogue to "Create a new Form". Just having the maid outfit mod active will not allow you to use them in your ESP or in the edited More Servants mod ESP (at least without making it as a further master to your changes).

As to which method you should use ... if you are planning on only using this for personal use (i.e. you do not plan to release it to the public) then editing the More Servants mod ESP is the simplest way. If you plan on releasing your changes you should make your mod a patch to the original (i.e. make your own ESP, which will have the More Servants mod ESP as a master).

You will also require permission from the creator of the maid outfit mod to use them in any mod you plan on releasing publicly.

Off topic .... long time no see Contra. Good to see you here again, and hope you're doing well.