Multiple Quest Issues

Deleted2628341User

So I'm running Skyrim with the 1.7 patch and Dawnguard. For a while I stopped playing altogether and that was when 1.5 was out. Initially the reason I started playing again was for Dawnguard, but I ultimately decided to start a fresh game and do some of the old quests again. Well lo and behold, at least two quests are bugged that I know of so far, the College of Winterhold questline and the Thieves Guild questline.

The College of Winterhold quests stop after Under Saarthal when Savos tells you to talk to Urag about the discovery, the objective completes but the new objective does not display. Trying to use a console command to set the next objective hasn't worked.

The Thieves Guild questline stops after Taking Care of Business. Brynjolf asks me to follow him into the Cistern, but once again a new objective is not displayed and once in the Cistern I'm considered trespassing and eventually the guild members start attacking me. Also once again using console commands to advance the quest has not worked.

I have a fairly short list of mods compared to most other people I'm assuming. While I've done a little searching and it seems there are a few other people having these same issues and they apparently started after patch 1.6, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as it seems the game may very well be unplayable, these are the only two that I've come across so far that fail to progress on their own but it's still irritating.

Some details:

Windows 7 Home Premium

6GB RAM

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 550i 1GB

Skyrim version 1.7 with SKSE 1.5.11

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

JSwords.esm

LevelersTower.esm

AmethystHollowsMaster.esm

WhiterunREVISION.esp

WhiterunFortified.esp

RRBetterWhiterunInt.esp

AmethystHollowsUpdate.esp

AsharaPartyOutfit.esp

AsharaWeddingOutfit.esp

Carbon Fiber Bow.esp

spelltomeconjureetherealhorse.esp

dovahkiinrelax.esp

faster vanilla horses.esp

FS_EveningStar.esp

FrostHorseWhite.esp

Amanda.esp

gourmetFix.esp

Oblivion hair.esp

Oblivion hair2.esp

JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp

MaleClericArmor.esp

Masters of Death - Sicarious Armor (Standalone).esp

R18Pn - Inner Wear Set.esp

Review Studio.esp

Spusetocustomhome.esp

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

VickysArmor.esp

whiterunMarket.esp

diamondweapons1.0.esp (Steam Workshop)

LeazerOpenLock.esp

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I am experiencing the same issue in regards to the Thieves guild quest line to join the guild. After he leads me to the Cistern, he just stands there for a bit, then attacks me for trespassing. I have tried it with a brand new character starting from the beginning thinking I might have some how trespassed in the Ragged Flagon prior to the quest line...nope, still did the same thing for me. I've tried looking up work arounds or possible fixes...nothing so far. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help.