Mods Making The Game Crash

Kaillys

To start i am not accepting the answer don't use the mod and i'm not using the mod manager. The specific mod I'm trying to get to work right now is The Dance Of Death. It adds a power that opens a menu to change the frequency of kill animations. It appears on the list and is turned on, but when I start the game it does the Bethesda intro then I see the Skyrim logo for a split second before the game shuts down. I am assuming that i am not the only on having this problem. This also happens with Cloaks Of Skyrim and Killable And Lootable Children.

Ps. If anyone uses the mod Black Hand Robes I am having trouble with that to. It loads fine and doesn't crash the game, but the hood, gloves and boots appear as pure white and glowing blue and the robe doesn't appear at all. If anyone knows what's wrong please help.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer useful advice.

Your faithful Listener, Kaillys (haill Sithis, my brothers!).

1. The crash at the menu: This means either you are missing a required mod or your load order is incorrect. You could try something like BOSS to fix load order issues; you could also use the mod manager to manually re-arrange mods (you don't have to use it to install mods)

2. The blue/white items suggest the game can't find the textures. Make sure the textures are in the right location.

Could be conflicting mods aswell. You will haver to go through your mod list and disable esps one by one to find out what is conflicting with Dance of the Death. Once you know, you can try fiddling with the load order...

Texture files go into Data/textures. Use NMM to install mods so you don't have to worry about correctly copying files manually.