Join a church.

varen

Hey guys, I was thinking (Yes odd as it is) that what Oblivion lacks is a way to join a Church, wether it be Mara's church or Akatosh's. I have absoloutley NO skill whatsoever at the CS so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a mod so people CAN join a church. Starting as an acolyte and ending as the primate of that particular sect. As the acolyte you would need to tend to the church (Lighting candles and so on) and when you have rose through the ranks you could maintain the political statis between your church and the others, maybe even ordering the construction of new churchs or chapels out in the wilderness where people can find sanctuary, you may order the construction of a wayshrine or start a group of church knights to protect your order. These are just a few of the things that could be incorprated into this mod. I know the Knights of the Nine plugin lets you be a knight but I would rather be a healer or a priest and I am sure others feel the same way. Thank you in advance,

Varen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you pretty much join the church when you've installed Knights of the Nine? ;)

------

Are you thinking of the the temple (Like in Morrowind) ?

Kind Regards,

Jav'

1- Rebuilding them could be a quest for you when you get initiated in the curch. It's been done before (Kvatch rebuilt and the Bruma Mages Guild rebuilt or whatever they are called)

2- KotN is aimed more at crusader type characters, what I'm saying would be good is more of a peaceful alternative (Until zombies invade and you must call on the holy powers of the nine to banish them etc.) You could recruit more people, give the beggars home in the churchs (Bedrolls at the back etc.), you could try to convert daedric worshippers (They might not take to that to well so you must resort to violence), who knows, you may even repent for sins you havnt even done so that later you may assassinate someone for the church and have already repented :thumbsup: Anything could happen. You might be a corrupt church member or one that genuinely wants to help, you could discover a race of children and take the boys to be page boys and in the end have your way with them just like the priests we have now :ohmy: It really all depends on if a modder would like to work on this or not, obviously once it is in their hands they can feel free to change whatever they want :smile: So if anyone could help I would be eternally greatful ;)

Well, I like the sound of this, but I like you have no clue about CS, sure chapel acces is there but the last I seen they changed it from the robes to a reskined KotN curiass.

the daedra worshipers could attack, or even while your asleep a secret necromancer breaks into the undercroft and raises the dead (the zombie attacks you were on about), as for the priests + children A: oblivion doesn't know what one is B: there are laws about "having your way" with children, and its sinful.

@ lolassassin That part was just a joke :)

@ Shadowfx Yes it would be nice but I have been thinking recently about the lack of interest in this thread compared to a lot of others, I doubt we will get a modder :( Oh well :fakenopic: looks like this is gunna be dead soon :(

Archived